Gem Mini suite

sixbirches

My husband and I booked a guarantee mini suite for our cruise this December on the Gem. We have sailed the Gem before but didn't book a guarantee on those trips.

Since I'm curious where we might get a cabin, I'm wondering about a few things. Are all the mini suites on Deck 11? Also, do any have obstructed views? I'm guessing not, since the deck is pretty high for lifeboats...

Any info or experience booking a guarantee would be great to hear about.

I've searched the topics but I'm always curious what everyone has to say. Thanks!

most are deck 11 and under the pool deck and great outdoors

All minisuites are on deck 11.

Besides 10 two bedroom suites in fwd and about three dozen insides, minisuites are all that there is on deck 11 so a minisuite can be anywhere from under the gym to under kids'/teens' clubs to deck 12 galleys (these are the most potential to generate noise that can be heard in the cabin).

There are a lot of good minisuites, but also the ones that are in not that desirable locations are the ones more likely to be assigned to GTY bookings.

The other thing to note about deck 11 minisuites is that midship ones have a very large overhang that will shade the balcony. If you look at a close-up Gem photo you will see what I mean.

We did a balcony guaranty once for a 2 nighter and we got a very far forward balcony cabin on deck 10.

Have fun. Love the Gem.

Thanks for all the info! Interesting... We had a cabin assigned to us, 11128, but NCL has now removed it. so, I guess we might see more changes before we cruise in December. I'm not worried about it -- just looking forward to the cruise :)

I've done 4 cruises with my DD's (Me and 2 DD'S) More then enough room .... And I think you will like it..... (Any cruise is nice) Mini suites are nice.... I always get a mini on deck 11 aft... And never had a problem.... Enjoy.....:)