Does location of Verandah cabin matter re:smokers?

shrimp56

PLEASE no hijacking.

We tend to love high and forward balcony cabins with the side benefit of not having experienced any issue with smoking. My assumption has been that the wind blows from aft to stern when underway. We have no trouble with ship motion.

On our circle Hawaii we're looking at Navigation deck BCs at the stern and the B aft Verandahs. My instinct is that smoke would tend to stay around with a center aft verandah and less so with one near the side.

Now the science in these assumptions is probably dodgy--so all things being equal, which aft cabin position might be possibly "better" in terms of smoke drifting.

Edited by shrimp56

We have had good luck with Verandas near the bow, but if you get unlucky you might need a gas mask :(. Although we still cruise on HAL, the smoking policy has caused us to book many more cruises with Princess and Celebrity, or not bother paying the big bucks for a Veranda on some of the HAL ships.

Hank

My assumption has been that the wind blows from aft to stern when underway.
I'll presume that you meant to say forward to aft or bow to stern. :)

For a cabin on the stern, one in the center would have less of a breeze to dissipate smoke than one on a side corner.

I'll presume that you meant to say forward to aft or bow to stern. :)

For a cabin on the stern, one in the center would have less of a breeze to dissipate smoke than one on a side corner.

Yep. Not enough caffeine.

Moved to a VQ. We had a Lanai booked until DH balked. I figure a VQ (This is on Veendam) isn't any smaller than a Lanai, plus you have a small balcony.