Alaska Boarding Time in Seward

seatrial

I was wondering what time passengers are allowed to board HAL ships (Veendam) in Seward? I will be arriving via the Alaska Railroad at 11:30am. I would love to eat lunch on board and then get back off the ship to look around Seward. The ship does not leave until around 8pm.

Thanks

I just got off the Statendam in Seward last Sunday. As we were on a land tour, we did not disembark until 12:15 pm. They were already letting people come aboard for the return trip before we got off.

You should not have any trouble coming aboard to eat and then leaving. Just be sure not to miss the mandatory lifeboat drill which they conduct prior to leaving. Also, if you fill out your immigration form on line, it will speed up your embarkation.

Have a great trip.

icon_wink.gif Seward

Once you are on board the ship, you can come and go as you like.

There is a trolley that stops right in front of the terminal that will take you to downtown Seward. It is $2 per person each way or you can pay $5 per person and return to the ship and go back into town as many times as you want. When we did back-to-back cruises last year on the Ryndam we bought the $5 pass being as we were spending the entire day in Seward. You may want to buy the $2 pass each way since you won't have a lot of time to come and go from the downtown area.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

KK-

Thanks for the information! We will be staying in Seward for a day on a B2B on the Ryndam this yearicon_smile.gif Any other tips you could offer would also be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again!

Happy Cruising!

7/04 Ryndam Alaska B2B

12/04 Rotterdam Panama Canal

7/05 Prinsendam Baltic

11/05 "Veendammers" Carribean

RCCL x2(1999), Volendam (2000), Millinneum (2000), Maasdam (2001), Disney (2001), Statendam (2003), Amsterdam (2003)

Archived