Please - need quick opinions! Liberty or Explorer!

Hi all! so my good friend and I (she has never cruised) are booked now on the Jan 24 Explorer of the Seas from Pt Canaveral going to Cozumel and apparently, Freeport. For maybe $80 more I just held a cruise two days later from Ft Lauderdale on Liberty going to Cozumel and Costa Maya. They are both on deck 7, on the hump. Explorer is 7624 and Liberty is 7638. I've been on Explorer, never on Liberty. Please, what is your opinion and why?

Thank you all!!! I just looked at my cruises and realized it's not two places in Mexico. it goes to Labadee (my very favorite port ever!!) and Jamaica! I feel like it's a no brainer...can't wait! Thank you everyone! Now, does anyone know what I do? Do I just call RCCL and ask them to apply my deposit to this cruise instead?

Thank you all!!! I just looked at my cruises and realized it's not two places in Mexico. it goes to Labadee (my very favorite port ever!!) and Jamaica! I feel like it's a no brainer...can't wait! Thank you everyone! Now, does anyone know what I do? Do I just call RCCL and ask them to apply my deposit to this cruise instead?

I do not know where you are looking, but I don't see that itinerary for Liberty.

Weird...this is what I have. I could have sworn it said differently too!!

Sailing Itinerary

Date Port Arrive Depart Activity

26-Jan Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM

27-Jan Cruising Cruising

28-Jan Labadee, Haiti 7:30 AM 3:30 PM Docked

29-Jan Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:30 AM 4:30 PM Docked

30-Jan Cruising Cruising

31-Jan Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 AM

Edited by luckyprincess

Weird...this is what I have. I could have sworn it said differently too!!

Sailing Itinerary

Date Port Arrive Depart Activity

26-Jan Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM

27-Jan Cruising Cruising

28-Jan Labadee, Haiti 7:30 AM 3:30 PM Docked

29-Jan Ocho Rios, Jamaica 8:30 AM 4:30 PM Docked

30-Jan Cruising Cruising

31-Jan Fort Lauderdale, Florida 7:00 AM

That's the itinerary I see too.

How many days is the Explorer cruise?

Edited by clarea

I'm so sorry for the cluelessness but do I call RCCL?? I don't know what to say!

If you booked direct with Royal, then I'd call Crown & Anchor at 800-526-9723.

Edited by clarea

No question, Liberty ! Why would you want to be stuck on a ship full of NY'ers ? Hard to beat Florida !

Explorer will have left Bayonne for good by December, and will be cruising from Port Canaveral for a few months.

No question, Liberty ! Why would you want to be stuck on a ship full of NY'ers ? Hard to beat Florida !

If you booked direct with Royal, then I'd call Crown & Anchor at 800-526-9723.

LOL RCI Cruisers 004 I'm one of those NY cruisers wooooooooooooooot!!! Lol :p

Clarea thank you so so much!! Just called and got a fabulous person that switched us to the room we wanted on Libety! I cannot say how excited I am!! Thank you to everyone that told me Liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clarea thank you so so much!! Just called and got a fabulous person that switched us to the room we wanted on Libety! I cannot say how excited I am!! Thank you to everyone that told me Liberty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad it worked out. Liberty will be a wonderful first cruise for your friend.

LOL, my bad... I was in such a hurry to get my digs in on fellow NY'ers I had forgotten she will be sailing out of Fla ! Thanks for setting me straight Bob !

in my opinion too. I haven't been on the Liberty yet (I do have her booked in Mar 2015, same itinerary) but I have been on the Freedom and the Independence. I've also done Explorer as recent as Jan 2014 and have her booked again on Oct 18.

Both are great ships, but the Liberty is newer and the Explorer has seen little to no updating yet. Don't get me wrong though, Explorer is still beautiful and has a GREAT crew. Both ships have similar features but as I've heard others say 'think of the Liberty as the Explorer on steroids'. I think that's right; Liberty is a bigger better Explorer.

I recently discovered sailing out of Bayonne (we're from MA - GO SOX!) and love it, so I expect I'll be seeing more of Lady Liberty when she ports here between the Quantum and the Anthem. I will miss the Explorer too though....

For me, after doing Labadee a couple times, I was all done with it and considered a Labadee day to be a ship-day. But I was there again this past January and loved it. They have done so much there in the past few years. I can't wait to go back! Have fun!

in my opinion too. I haven't been on the Liberty yet (I do have her booked in Mar 2015, same itinerary) but I have been on the Freedom and the Independence. I've also done Explorer as recent as Jan 2014 and have her booked again on Oct 18.

Both are great ships, but the Liberty is newer and the Explorer has seen little to no updating yet. Don't get me wrong though, Explorer is still beautiful and has a GREAT crew. Both ships have similar features but as I've heard others say 'think of the Liberty as the Explorer on steroids'. I think that's right; Liberty is a bigger better Explorer.

I recently discovered sailing out of Bayonne (we're from MA - GO SOX!) and love it, so I expect I'll be seeing more of Lady Liberty when she ports here between the Quantum and the Anthem. I will miss the Explorer too though....

For me, after doing Labadee a couple times, I was all done with it and considered a Labadee day to be a ship-day. But I was there again this past January and loved it. They have done so much there in the past few years. I can't wait to go back! Have fun!

I've done Radiance, Freedom and Explorer and for my ex bf and I Freedom was a bit too big and less service oriented than Radiance. Then I did Explorer with no bf and my whole family and really liked the ship but missed a few amenities on Freedom lol! I still find Radiance to be the most beautiful and romantic though, due mostly to the glass everywhere I think and smaller size. However, this time we are going to dance all night, have drinks with cute umbrellas and fruit by the pool and have girls night every night, so I think bigger and better will be perfect! I truly think my 'favorite' ship depends on what kind of cruise it is, if that makes sense!

Also I'm a crazy planner person (and my friend isn't!! :eek: ) so having a new ship to check reviews for, look for pics and study floorplans is realllly exciting!! I'm so glad so many people answered me so quickly here! I'm thrilled to get a fantastic hump balcony (the only way I want to ever cruise anymore) to introduce her to cruising! She'll be spoiled! Lol

I have cruised both ships. Liberty was in February 2011 out of Miami, for 8 days Eastern Caribbean. We had a blast and the ship was big and beautiful. We then cruised Explorer in February 2013 out of NJ. 9 Nights Eastern Caribbean. The Explorer was a beautiful ship but not as many dining options and the promenade is not as large. We still had a great time. I would sail Liberty again if they offered longer cruises...most of Liberty cruises are 4 and 5 day. I definitely enjoyed the size of Liberty better than Explorer.

I have cruised both ships. Liberty was in February 2011 out of Miami, for 8 days Eastern Caribbean. We had a blast and the ship was big and beautiful. We then cruised Explorer in February 2013 out of NJ. 9 Nights Eastern Caribbean. The Explorer was a beautiful ship but not as many dining options and the promenade is not as large. We still had a great time. I would sail Liberty again if they offered longer cruises...most of Liberty cruises are 4 and 5 day. I definitely enjoyed the size of Liberty better than Explorer.

I did the same itinerary in February 2013! :p Maybe we were on together!! I liked the size but I agree, I was surprised by the small amount of dining options.