Money for cabs-US $ OK???

Hi,

Can someone please tell me- if you want to get off the ship and tour yourself do the Halifax cabs take US $ or do we need to exchange a couple of bucks? Can we do money exchange on the ship (Enchantment of the Seas).

I know we can use our credit cards but not for cabs! And..are cabs easy to get at the dock? And are they easy to get trying to return?

Thank you

Best-

Diva

We were on RCCL Enchantment of the Seas to New England/Canada in July. They do not exchange money on the ship. I would expect that the cab drivers would take US$, but you may loose a bit in the transaction. I would make sure you have lots of one and five dollar bills (US) before you get of the ship. You should be fine otherwise, and I would use a credit card for anything else that you can. I think there is a hop on hop off trolley that many people used to see the city.

The cab drivers in Halifax do accept US dollars and they will be more than willing to show you the extra places and point a bus dare not go. When you tour with a cab in Halifax, the knowledgable drivers will take you to the titanic grave sites,the mount saint vincent university groups[a great spot to view and get good pictures of the city] and many more at your request. unlike the buses, you tour at your own rate and most are customized to fit your plan and budget. Our company drivers are more than happy to assist you as we are the little guys and do present friendly services to groups or individuals.:D

Being a former taxi driver myself, I always prefare that people who are using credit card to pay for their fare should at least asked me before they engage my services. Most taxi drivers in Halifax do accept credit card but it is always good to ask first before entering their vehicle.

Archived