Boston train

Jiffymom

WTH. It says no checked luggage. So does that really mean we can't take our luggage we will each have one possible two bags that we will have on our cruise

South Station is the closest. If it's a regional train you will carry your luggage onto the train (their is storage in the back of each car) and carry it off. Sometimes they have RedCap services available depending on the time of day, but I wouldn't bank on that.

South Station is very close to the port. It's about a 10 minute ride on the Silver Line or by cab. I came in on a transatlantic and we were off the ship by 9 am. My friends and I waited a few minutes for my husband to pick us up and we dropped them off at South Station by 9:30 for an 11-ish train.

What day of the week are you doing this?

Sunday morning is the best day of the week to go between Boston and New York. The entire pier area in South Boston will be deserted.

If the train times don't suit, bus is also an option. The bus station is next door to South Station at the end of Track 1.

What is your exact date? The Head of the Charles is Oct 18-19.

Edited by 138east