Half Moon Cabana Location

mjmad

Wondering if anyone can help with cabanas on Half Moon - from experience what would be the best # to try and reserve (looking to be able to hear music but not be right on top of it and not so crowded) and how do we reserve numbers once onboard thru shore excursion desk or guest services desk. Thanks so much for any assistance or insight you can provide. :)

Wondering if anyone can help with cabanas on Half Moon - from experience what would be the best # to try and reserve (looking to be able to hear music but not be right on top of it and not so crowded) and how do we reserve numbers once onboard thru shore excursion desk or guest services desk. Thanks so much for any assistance or insight you can provide. :)

Excursion desk. Try to get there quick. #6 and higher would be my suggestion.

Last year we went I we had #6. We enjoyed it. It is about midway, so its not as crowded as being up by the entrance, but you don't have the long walk like being at the end. Also #6 is not that far from the restrooms. My husband is on fluid pills so that was a plus for us. Hope you enjoy.

The higher numbers - about number 9 and up - tend to have fewer people near them. The lower numbers are more in the mainstream of people. Pick based on whether you prefer to be in the thick of things or where the crowds are thinner.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my Commodore 64

we had #10 and thought it was the perfect location. close to bathrooms, close to food, away from the kids, close enough to hear the music. when in the water it was very private. There is a shuttle that will take you there and pick you up also.

We were just there last week and had villa D and we are back next April and have a Cabana booked so I looked to see were we wanted to be. As most have stated 9 - 12 would be my choice. Bathrooms are right behind units, less people, not overpowering music and a quick 5 minute walk for lunch. I would suggest once you board the ship go to the excursion desk and reserve your cabana. First come first serve.

We were just there last week and had villa D and we are back next April and have a Cabana booked so I looked to see were we wanted to be. As most have stated 9 - 12 would be my choice. Bathrooms are right behind units, less people, not overpowering music and a quick 5 minute walk for lunch. I would suggest once you board the ship go to the excursion desk and reserve your cabana. First come first serve.

We're going in May and have a villa booked. Based on the map I'm thinking Villa D is the one I want. Did you like the location?

We're going in May and have a villa booked. Based on the map I'm thinking Villa D is the one I want. Did you like the location?

D or E. E is only about 100 feet further down. 10 minute walk once you are on the island. A, B, & C are closer to the bar - more noise and people.

D or E. E is only about 100 feet further down. 10 minute walk once you are on the island. A, B, & C are closer to the bar - more noise and people.

Thanks! E is my second choice. I'm hoping I can get to guest services in time to get either of those. We are not purchasing FTTF but I've read that you still get priority tender at HMC...what was your experience? There are 12 in our group (4 are teenagers) and if we do get priority tender because of the villa I'm wondering if 4 will have to stay behind or if they can get off with the rest of us (villa says up to 8 guests).

We have had #9 for the last eight times. We enjoy that spot because it's not crowded and close to the bathroom. As far as priority tender they have never checked tickets on any trip of ours so I imagine everyone could get on. The excursion desk doesn't open normally until one so you may not be able to pick one when you first board anyway.

Thanks! E is my second choice. I'm hoping I can get to guest services in time to get either of those. We are not purchasing FTTF but I've read that you still get priority tender at HMC...what was your experience? There are 12 in our group (4 are teenagers) and if we do get priority tender because of the villa I'm wondering if 4 will have to stay behind or if they can get off with the rest of us (villa says up to 8 guests).

I went to guest services right away once I boarded, around 12pm, and all Villa's were still up for grabs. You will pick what type of soda's you want and they will give you a ticket with the Villa you chose and were and what time to meet for the tender. Don't lose the ticket they will come around and collect it once your in the Villa. We had 13 people and your whole party gets off the same time. Don't tell them that you have more than 8, it won't be a problem. They really don't care.