ketchikan fishing problem

Vegas local

Myself and my fiance are going to be in Ketchikan on August 11th from our HAL cruise. We are looking to do some salmon fishing while we are there, but we are having trouble finding a captain who wants to take us out. It seems that they want four people (I understand that they want to maximize their profits). I have called 13 different companies, most I found either here in the forums, or on tripadvisor. Anyone know of a captain who has room for two more on that day?.. or anyone else experiencing the same problem I am having who wants to get on a boat?

If your heart isn't set on just salmon, you might want to check out the Fish Camp tour with HAL in Ketchikan. My DH has done this five times with HAL and Princess, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

An Alaskan Fish Camp

Experience an authentic fishing excursion in the unspoiled wilderness of Alaska’s coastline. You’ll be outfitted with waterproof boots, bib overalls, hooded jacket, hat and gloves. Then, glide into a breathtaking landscape aboard a stable, open-air, 20-foot skiff. Cast a line, and what you catch will become the fresh basis of a gourmet campsite meal. With only five guests per boat, your professional guide customizes the excursion to fit your interests and skill level. Along the way, watch for seals, eagles, whales, birds, porpoise, spawning salmon and perhaps even bears. With quality fishing gear, hone your skills landing rockfish, red snapper, ling cod, or even a halibut. After the time spent fishing, the skiff heads to a wilderness campsite, where a crackling fire awaits in the rain forest of ancient cedars and spruce. Here, you’ll enjoy a gourmet meal of your own freshly caught fish served atop a saffron-infused, bouillabaisse-inspired stew (no shellfish). Savor sourdough rolls with garlic-aioli spread, a signature rhubarb and blueberry bread pudding, and steaming mugs of coffee or hot chocolate. You’ll leave having experienced the Alaskan way of life.Notes:Alaska State law requires a valid 1-day fishing license, which can be purchased for US$20 cash at the Outfitting Room. Max. capacity is a party of 5. Participants must be physically active, as this tour requires negotiating uneven terrain and the skiff is open to the elements. Rain gear, rubber boots, comfortable float jackets, wool socks, hats, gloves, fishing equipment and tackle, are provided. Minimum age is 5 years. Maximum weight is 350 lbs. Not suitable for wheelchairs. Wildlife sightings are likely but are not guaranteed.

1933015399_ketchikanfish.jpg.5affeaf4d9ef78fa9eb35a09abc0b882.jpg

Did you try AAA Sportfishing? Capita in Jerry is great. My husband and son went last June. They hooked up with 3 other men from our cruise that I found on our roll call. Capitan Jerry's boat was the only one that day to catch anything.

I am looking at booking a fishing excursion for my husband while in port at Ketchican. I wondered if anyone had booked the excursion off of Princesses list?

I cannot find much info and it would be only for him. Thought maybe that would just fill up the boat. Any help will be appreciated.