Rosacea any one??

I also have Rosacea. If you're of Irish descent, it's very, very common.

You're getting a wide variety of answers, but that's because Rosacea is highly individualistic. I personally have the redness but not the acne-like bumps; someone else may have the opposite issues. And what works for one person doesn't work for another. My personal "must dos":

- Avoid soap. At my dermatologist's suggestion, I use VaniCream products, which are moderately price and non-prescription -- but difficult to find. I can get them at a small private drugstore near me OR behind the counter at the Target pharmacy (though, as I said, they're not RX). He says that everyone's skin becomes thinner and more sensitive as we grow older, and everyone needs to use a non-soap product on his or her face. The VaniCream moisturizer is an absolute must, as is their sunscreen (though it's expensive, so I use it only for my face).

- Avoid any facial products that contain alcohol. This is also straight from my dermatologist: NO alcohol may ever touch my face in any form.

- Avoid stress. My skin looks so much better in the summer, when I'm not working.

- I use the Clinique "redness" make-up, and it's great -- though it does require touch-ups during the day. However, I've found that the ladies who sell it at the make-up counters are NOT well-informed about this very common ailment. They always tell me that they have this or that product that'll completely remove the redness -- gee, if that existed, I think my doctor would not keep it a secret from me. When I tell them that I see a dermatologist for the redness, which is a MEDICAL CONDITION, and I'm only interested in make-up to cover the symptoms, they act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

So surprisingly she has been using the products we purchased EVERY DAY which I wasn't really sure she would. I haven't heard once since she has started using these " does my face look bad?". Her face looks almost flawless and the red doesn't show threw all day!! I'm actually a bit jealous!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great ideas and info!!

So surprisingly she has been using the products we purchased EVERY DAY which I wasn't really sure she would. I haven't heard once since she has started using these " does my face look bad?". Her face looks almost flawless and the red doesn't show threw all day!! I'm actually a bit jealous!!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great ideas and info!!

Soooo happy Bare Minerals worked for her. Kids have enough to worry about (self esteem) etc. :):):)

There is a new product available to treat the redness caused by rosacea. It is called Mirvaso. It is available only by prescription and keeps redness away for 9 to 12 hours. It works extremely well. Talk to your Dermatologist.

B

I am so glad the products are working for your daughter! I was recently diagnosed with a mild case myself. Im only getting redness and some burning. The one thing my dermatalogist said is a must is a good sunscreen with Zinc as the Active Ingrediant. I have been doing some research, and thanks to the wonderful free samples from Sephora, I have found a great sunscreen. It's called MD Solar Science Mineral Face cream. Its 50 SPF and 17% zinc. It goes on very smooth, doesnt leave a white cast, and has a matte finish. It's a little pricey though. My routine consists of Metrogel and Cetaphil products. Hope this helps anyone else:)

Ali

There is a new product available to treat the redness caused by rosacea. It is called Mirvaso. It is available only by prescription and keeps redness away for 9 to 12 hours. It works extremely well. Talk to your Dermatologist.

B

My derm gave me a sample last year. It certainly took the red out! But for whatever reason, I had a flare up for a few days after. I was quite disappointed. I was grateful to have had a sample so I didn't buy the prescription.

My derm gave me a sample last year. It certainly took the red out! But for whatever reason, I had a flare up for a few days after. I was quite disappointed. I was grateful to have had a sample so I didn't buy the prescription.

And it's not covered by insurance. Doc quoted me about $200.00 per month.

I am sorry you had a problem with it Janine. Most people handle it quite well and are really happy with the results. I haven't seen a problem with insurance handling it. I have even seen people get 3 tubes for 1 copay when using their mail away pharmacy.

I am sorry you had a problem with it Janine. Most people handle it quite well and are really happy with the results. I haven't seen a problem with insurance handling it. I have even seen people get 3 tubes for 1 copay when using their mail away pharmacy.

That's the crazy thing about rosacea. What helps one causes a flare for another. I'm fortunately because I can cover mine with makeup. Hopefully this new Rx will help those who have worse cases.