White pass railway sold out...

Karen Lynn

If sold out with Celebrity and another tour co. Any ideas who else might offer that's reliable!

Thanks!

Which tour? Just the round trip summit? I don't think that sell out often. Or are you looking for a train/bus combo? Which one? Also, if you want us to suggest "who else" to try, you might tell us who you have already tried.

Couple of weeks ago we used chilkoot charters to take the bus up and catch the bus back. We liked it because we had a small bus to go up and was not crowded. On the train we were in a 1/2 full car. They rope off the train so you stay in the car with the rest of your tour group for the ride.

It's not for me, they have tried shore trips..and celebrity.

I think they are wishing the round trip.

For some reason they're hesitant to book directly, preferring to be part of a group.

Thanks for the tips!

If they are just doing the round trip, then there really is no "group". Everyone is on the same train. They should be able to book directly, possibly even in port when they arrive.

Wondering how far in advance you should book this tour? We are not going until August 2015 but want to definitely do this tour!:D:)

Couple of weeks ago we used chilkoot charters to take the bus up and catch the bus back. We liked it because we had a small bus to go up and was not crowded. On the train we were in a 1/2 full car. They rope off the train so you stay in the car with the rest of your tour group for the ride.

We have a one-way booked from Fraser-Skagway and the agent at WPYR told me the 2:45pm back to Skagway does sell out often. We are sharing a minivan with other people in our party. We are driving it up, they are driving it back.

Here is another option if the train is sold out. We used Dyea Dave for the bus trip to Emerald Lake and then took the southbound train back to Skagway. In the small bus/van, we got to stop along the way for pics & lunch at Carcross. It was a great day!

You can find him on the web at dyeadavetours dot com.

It's not for me, they have tried shore trips..and celebrity.

I think they are wishing the round trip.

For some reason they're hesitant to book directly, preferring to be part of a group.

Thanks for the tips!

What "group"? It is ONE train. I never recommend shore tours for Alaska, they are an uninformed booking agent, whom, most sellers, never setting foot in Alaska.

As already mentioned, it depends WHAT train tour they are looking for, and frankly, the BEST way to determine, what may or may not be sold out is to go direct.