Liberty Fans!! Please brag on her here!

So, my new good friend has NEVER cruised! She is Puerto Rican, so she has been there and here in NJ and W Virginia but that's it. I'm taking her on her first cruise ever out of Ft Lauderdale (I used to live in Miami Beach so we'll be touring South Beach for two days first :P ) and going on Liberty for 5 nights, stopping in Ochos Rios (never been but have been to Montego Bay - similar?) and Labadee (My FAVORITE!! Got a cabana and did the zipline - magical day!) and back to Florida. We have a center hump cabin, 7638, when she said 'inside is fine' so I'm hoping she is wowed by this vacay!! Can anyone tell me anything about Liberty that I shouldn't miss??

The Liberty is great!

Love that ship.

If your on it when David Curtis is on in the Schooner Bar, make sure you go and see him!

I have been on the ship twice when he's been on it and ended up going to watch him every night, totally amazing pianist and comedian!

We have done the Liberty 3 times and all 3 times were great. I can't think of any one thing that stands out but we had a super time on all of our trips out. The flowrider, the shows, the waitstaff and crew were all awesome.

:D

The Flowrider is a blast

If they still have "Saturday Night Fever" I thoroughly enjoyed that show last time I sailed her.

They have a dance party one night up at the Solarium - lot of the cast from the shows hung out there. They're very fun to hang around.

Love the Liberty - I'm certain your friend will as well

I can't wait to see her do the Flowrider! I can't swim so I'm a spectator :P And I have heard good things about the Saturday Night Fever show, I'm excited it will be on this ship. My bf who I normally cruise with doesn't dance at all and doesn't like piano bars but I love them! I can't wait to actually see parts of a cruise that I've missed. I hadn't thought about that until you good folks mentioned it! I think I'm as excited as she is lol.

No swimming required for the flow rider! The water is only a few inches deep and when you fall you will get washed up to the top where it all drains away. (I have not yet been on the Liberty, but I have been on the Indy. I have a hump balcony reserved for the repo in Nov 2015 on the Liberty though).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I can't wait to see her do the Flowrider! I can't swim so I'm a spectator :P And I have heard good things about the Saturday Night Fever show, I'm excited it will be on this ship. My bf who I normally cruise with doesn't dance at all and doesn't like piano bars but I love them! I can't wait to actually see parts of a cruise that I've missed. I hadn't thought about that until you good folks mentioned it! I think I'm as excited as she is lol.

Wear a t-shirt or a one-piece suit for the Flowrider. It's strong enough to cause wardrobe malfunctions.

DW and my highlights are Saturday Night Fever as well as the air show In the Air- that's one of better airel shows in the fleet, to us at least.

When we go back on her for a B2B in November, I'm sure we will see both shows 3-4 times.

We are also a sucker for the Cupcake Cuboard- but I think 80% of that is because me made friends with the manager, and he seems to find the nicest people to staff it with.

We also made good friends at Vintages.

I know the rest of the ship is great, but that is what stands out, to us.

When you are done, you need to convince your friend to host you on a trip out of San Juan- we LOVE the itinerary options out of there.

I had my honeymoon on the Liberty, so my glasses were definitely rose tinted, but we LOVED it.

After cruising on Liberty my husband and I decided that all of our vacations will be on a cruise. The experience was so relaxed and... magical.

We did the 7-day to Labadee, San Juan, and St. Marteen. It was lovely.

San Juan had a free tour of the Bacardi factory that we missed :( but that was the only bad thing that happened the entire week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your bf doesn't know what he is missing. Definitely go the the schooner bar if curtis is there. He is amazing. Beautiful avatar.

Another big Liberty fan here! We cruise to relax, not necessarily to see the ports or book an excursion. We've booked our 5th cruise on this ship.

We love all of the live music venues in the evening. We've seen the shows multiple times and always enjoy them. There is a nice, easy rhythm to cruising and the Liberty provides one of the better experiences.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by cpa2be

Doing my 2nd cruise onboard the Liberty this December - looking forward to it. I'm also doing the 5-night Labadee, Ocho Rios trip and last time had center hump 7338 (loved it's location).

Last time, loved walking the full outer promenade and reading up on the heli-pad.

Hmm, Schooner Bar; Champagne Lounge; Olive and Twist; Catacombs:D.

The cupcake cupboard cupcake decorating class - just for fun.

Grabbing pizza from Sorrento's and enjoying it on the promenade with a beer from the Hoof and Claw.

Seeing the ice skating show.

Wear a t-shirt or a one-piece suit for the Flowrider. It's strong enough to cause wardrobe malfunctions.
BOB! You're only supposed to tell the unattractive ones that tip. :D Edited by dfgf

You guys have got me so excited for this cruise!! I played the ship video from the rccl site for my friend this morning and she was bursting at the seams, asking if we could go now! Lol Thank you so much for these tips! And although she is super gorgeous, I'll tell her to wear a t-shirt for the flowrider as will I!! :D

We LOVE to go out to clubs and dance so the white party sounds awesome!!

You absolutely must do the hot tubs at like 10pm with a glass of wine and a movie or game on the big screen! My husband LOVED having our night cap under the stars while watching the World Cup. Amazing! I loved Liberty. It may even tap out as my favorite ship to date. We also loved the wine bar. We would get a bottle and just sit there before dinner. I can't wait to do Liberty again! Have a fabulous time. You are a great friend!!!! :)

Please tell me the secret to getting to the heli-pad. My husband and I tried to find it but could not figure out how to get out there!

The ice skating shows are amazing!!!! We did ice skating the one day and although it was rocky and cramped, we had so many laughs. We ended up doing that on our anniversary because of the ferry stike at Marseille. Good fun!

You absolutely must do the hot tubs at like 10pm with a glass of wine and a movie or game on the big screen! My husband LOVED having our night cap under the stars while watching the World Cup. Amazing! I loved Liberty. It may even tap out as my favorite ship to date. We also loved the wine bar. We would get a bottle and just sit there before dinner. I can't wait to do Liberty again! Have a fabulous time. You are a great friend!!!! :)

This seriously sounds magical! I have to say, we have really fallen fast into a great friendship (the girl version of a bro-mance, I guess lol) and it's been so fun to get to know each other on that intimate girl level! Even at 40 and 34, we are most excited about being on the balcony, in our pj's, with a bottle of wine talking about life and what we want out of it and who we are! Now switch out of pjs into bikinis and the whirlpool sounds perfect! :p :p

Please tell me the secret to getting to the heli-pad. My husband and I tried to find it but could not figure out how to get out there!

The ice skating shows are amazing!!!! We did ice skating the one day and although it was rocky and cramped, we had so many laughs. We ended up doing that on our anniversary because of the ferry stike at Marseille. Good fun!

Walk outside on deck 4. Walk forward until you come to stairs. Go up the stairs and continue forward.

Deck 4 -- walk towards the front, go up the steps! Don't forget to find the penquins above the bridge! Sitting at the aft watching the wake is also very nice/relaxing.

309ohw3.jpg

Unfortunately I forgot to stand back farther and zoom up to get a pic of them.

Edited by jaspercat