Carnival Breeze Fall 2014

TEMAY

Ok never posted to ask a question on here before although I have used this site in the past for some very good informative tips when cruising to Bermuda last year. So thanks to all of you experienced cruisers who take the time to answer other newer cruisers questions. Much appreciated :)

Now I could use some help with some ports and the ship itself. Any tips are welcomed :)

1.GRAND TURK- Can you just walk off the boat in Grand Turk and go swimming ?? Fees??I saw pics of a pool on someones post and just wondering about area and fees.

2.SAN JUAN- My husband and I both walked around Bermuda and were able to walk around St.George but we do both have limited knee injuries, we can take it slow just maybe not walking for hours at a time , but would we be able to walk around San Juan enough to visit a fort or is the Barcardi Tour easy , any suggestions /prices / tips ??I think it would be interesting but the reviews from others seem to say they spent too much time waiting for the excursion to start when we basically would just like to perhaps see it ourselves without a group.Go at our own pace.

3.Grand Cayman- easiest place to find swimming close to ship and what would be the best historical building/place to visit ??

The ship -when you dine do you get to pick where you sit or is it pre-assigned? We know we were assigned early dining . We have cruised with Carnival before but that was a long time ago.

We have booked a Deluxe Oceanview on #1 Deck in the middle. Was this a bad choice , we are getting nervous about being able to sleep because of the engine and being so close to the bottom. We just werent really thinking , we do wear earplugs though :):)

Oh and does it cost to go sit at the Adults only deck.

Any other input on any other swimming or historical building that is close to the ship in St.Kitts or Key West. We are also not into shopping at expensive stores would rather buy from local person on street or a market.

hope my first post is not too long oops :confused: Now to figure out how to post ...

Edited by TEMAY
think i should have posted under new cruisers??

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Yes, you can just walk off and go swimming at Grand Turk. Not aware of any fees. Lots of Grand Turk info on the Grand Turk board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=385

San Juan is fairly walkable, but your knee situation worries me. Lots of San Juan info on the San Juan board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Tons of swimming at Grand Cayman. Lots of Grand Cayman info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

For all the Carnival info you will ever need, the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Thank you so much :) For someone new to this it can be a bit overwhelming on where to look for some info. Thanks I will go and start clicking on your links and reading :):)

Ok never posted to ask a question on here before although I have used this site in the past for some very good informative tips when cruising to Bermuda last year. So thanks to all of you experienced cruisers who take the time to answer other newer cruisers questions. Much appreciated :)

Now I could use some help with some ports and the ship itself. Any tips are welcomed :)

1.GRAND TURK- Can you just walk off the boat in Grand Turk and go swimming ?? Fees??I saw pics of a pool on someones post and just wondering about area and fees. You just walk off the boat, through the shopping building and go to your left. There is a Margaritaville bar with food and drinks, a huge pool and beach area. The only expense is booking a cabana and any food or drink. But the lounge chairs around the pool and on the beach are free.

2.SAN JUAN- My husband and I both walked around Bermuda and were able to walk around St.George but we do both have limited knee injuries, we can take it slow just maybe not walking for hours at a time , but would we be able to walk around San Juan enough to visit a fort or is the Barcardi Tour easy , any suggestions /prices / tips ??I think it would be interesting but the reviews from others seem to say they spent too much time waiting for the excursion to start when we basically would just like to perhaps see it ourselves without a group.Go at our own pace. Old San Juan is easy to walk around, there are plenty of places to sit or go in for a light snack and drink. The fort is within walking distance, but I think there is also a public bus that will take you there. I'm sure the San Juan board would have more specific information.

3.Grand Cayman- easiest place to find swimming close to ship and what would be the best historical building/place to visit ?? Grand Cayman is also an easy walking port, however you do have to get on a tender boat to go ashore. If you don't have a Carnival excursion booked you will need to go get a tender sticker if you want to be among the 1st to go ashore after the excursions. They will have that information in the daily Fun Times, everyone in your party has to go to where ever the tender sticker holding area is to wait for your number to be called. At some point they will call open tender and your can go down to deck 0 forward and just get on the next tender. It's very busy getting back onto the ship so give yourself at least an hour. You have to be back onboard at least 30 minutes before the ship sails. 7 mile beach is also within walking distance of the tender pier, and the downtown area is very walkable and has many benches to rest on.

The ship -when you dine do you get to pick where you sit or is it pre-assigned? We know we were assigned early dining . We have cruised with Carnival before but that was a long time ago. When you check in for your cruise you will be given a Sail & Sign card. This card is used for all of your onboard purchases and is also your cabin key. It will show your name, folio number, muster station and dining room and table assignment. You can go to the dining room and find your table number as soon as you board and if it's not in an area that you would like or if you would like a larger or smaller table, the Maitre D will be available at the podium at about 1:30 to take change requests.

We have booked a Deluxe Oceanview on #1 Deck in the middle. Was this a bad choice , we are getting nervous about being able to sleep because of the engine and being so close to the bottom. This is a good location that will have the least amount of movement, noise shouldn't be a problem except when the ship is arriving or departing from a pier. We just werent really thinking , we do wear earplugs though :):)

Oh and does it cost to go sit at the Adults only deck. No charge for the Serenity deck, but it is sometimes hard to get a lounge chair.

Any other input on any other swimming or historical building that is close to the ship in St.Kitts or Key West. It's been a long time since I've been to St. Kitts so I don't really have a comment on that. There are lots of things to do in KW, like Hemmingway House, Truman's southern white house, southernmost point........I like to do the hop on hop off bus and just ride around the 1st lap then start hopping off to see the sights. We are also not into shopping at expensive stores would rather buy from local person on street or a market.

hope my first post is not too long oops :confused: Now to figure out how to post ...

Welcome back to Carnival and do visit over on the Carnival Forum plus the various port of call boards for more specific information.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I am very excited and so glad to finally get on here myself and ask for help :) Very kind of you and hopefully someday I will learn how you were able to write your answers in red lol!!!Wow this site is full of some fantastic people :)