More Saver fare Questions (Sorry)

KaththeTaff

Hi everyone

We are thinking of booking a last minute Saver fare. We know that our dining arrangements will be given to us when we are on board, and that our cabin will be allocated. We also know that we will have to pay for shuttle buses and so forth, but I was just wondering about a few silly little things!

Firstly, suppose we are given club dining. We don't normally got to the MDR every night. Sometimes we don't feel like it after a busy day, but we also like to experience the specialty restaurants. So, suppose we tell our waiters and table mates that we won't be there the next night or the night after, will they think they have done something wrong? Obviously, it isn't a problem when on select dining, as no one is expecting you at 'their' table!

Another thing crossed my mind as a result of thinking about the above. If you want to book a specialty restaurant on board, do those who booked before you and those who paid for the more expensive fares get priority? If so, does this also extend to spa treatments and excursions?

Hi everyone

We are thinking of booking a last minute Saver fare. We know that our dining arrangements will be given to us when we are on board, and that our cabin will be allocated. We also know that we will have to pay for shuttle buses and so forth, but I was just wondering about a few silly little things!

Firstly, suppose we are given club dining. We don't normally got to the MDR every night. Sometimes we don't feel like it after a busy day, but we also like to experience the specialty restaurants. So, suppose we tell our waiters and table mates that we won't be there the next night or the night after, will they think they have done something wrong? Obviously, it isn't a problem when on select dining, as no one is expecting you at 'their' table!

Another thing crossed my mind as a result of thinking about the above. If you want to book a specialty restaurant on board, do those who booked before you and those who paid for the more expensive fares get priority? If so, does this also extend to spa treatments and excursions?

What ever dining you get allocated, if its club dining, your table mates will not know what fare you have paid. If you are thinking of dining elsewhere it is polite to mention it to your stablemates/waiters so they are not sat there waiting for you.

There is no pref in the paid for dining places-as far as I am aware. They will not think they have done anything wrong.

Excursions, again no pref given to select fare payers.

I think you mean Freedom Dining, not Select? If you are on Club dining, then it's fine to eat somewhere else, but nice to let your table companions and/or waiters know that you won't be there, so that they can start.

I would not have thought that you would be any different to early bookers when it comes to booking a specialty restaurant.

What ever dining you get allocated, if its club dining, your table mates will not know what fare you have paid. If you are thinking of dining elsewhere it is polite to mention it to your stablemates/waiters so they are not sat there waiting for you.

There is no pref in the paid for dining places-as far as I am aware. They will not think they have done anything wrong.

Excursions, again no pref given to select fare payers.

Englishlady - I love your mis-type of Stablemates!! LOL Just because they are on a saver, doesn't mean they eat in a stable! Ha ha. Only joking.

Hi everyone

Firstly, suppose we are given club dining. We don't normally got to the MDR every night. Sometimes we don't feel like it after a busy day, but we also like to experience the specialty restaurants. So, suppose we tell our waiters and table mates that we won't be there the next night or the night after, will they think they have done something wrong?

Shouldnt do as it is perfectly normal! It is helpful to let your waiter and table companions know in advance if you can so that they don't wait too long for you to arrive before ordering but it is not essential. Obviously, it isn't a problem when on select dining, as no one is expecting you at 'their' table!

Again I don't think so - after all you are spending money on board - and at the end of the day that is precisely what P&O want you to do!

I know that on some cruise lines, loyalty schemes exist to give priority bookings to some and also some suite passengers but this should not affect you just because you pay a late saver fare.

Enjoy yourself!

I suppose as far as booking excursions is concerned early bookers may have an advantage as now it seems that excursions are available to book much earlier than previously. So those who book an early select fare may have their excursions booked before the late bookers have even thought about going on a particular cruise - if you see what I mean. When we were on our Azura cruise in March excursions were already on the Cruise Personaliser to book for the Adonia cruise we are going on in September. So the more popular excursions may get booked up earlier.

But as has been said, no-one will know what type of booking you had unless you tell them.

Thanks all, the replies have ben reassuring!

jeanlyon, I did of course mean Freedom Dining, I had Select and Saver on the brain!

Englishlady, yes we will tell people of our plans for the next night, but it may be that we only end up going to the dining room on 1 or 2 nights of the week, and I was worried that our tablemates would think we didn't like them! I hope that I am just over thinking things!

Thanks again!

Just enjoy your cruise. It is your holiday. Your table companions are just that. Do your own thing and they can do theirs. Just keep your waiters informed so that they know you won't be eating in the MDR.