Mini-Suite On Pacific Princess

Off Shore

Two quick questions about a mini-suite on the Pacific Princess:

1) Are there any "perks" that come with a mini-suite?

2)We have a door to the adjoining cabin. Will this be a problem in terms of noise?

Many thanks

Danny Weitz

2)We have a door to the adjoining cabin. Will this be a problem in terms of noise?

Many thanks

Danny Weitz

I will add on to this, is the adjoining door a double door? A door on both sides?

You don't get any other perks but the biggest perk of all in my opinion is the extra room in the cabin itself, on the balcony and in the bathroom. You also get double the amount of wardrobes and in the bathroom there is a cabinet on each side of the basin plus of course a bath. We have had 3 other couples in for drinks and there is plenty of room for entertaining.

We have had a mini suite many times on the Ocean Princess and we love them. We also will be having an adjoining cabin on our next cruise which is a bit of a worry as when we booked we wanted to be in the same area that we always like which is around cabin 8000 and cabin 8008 was the only one available. That was 18 months out from sailing and we were one of the first to book. The ship is now booked out so I haven't had the chance to try and change our cabin. We are hoping for quiet neighbours in 8006! :)

Jennie

You don't get any other perks but the biggest perk of all in my opinion is the extra room in the cabin itself, on the balcony and in the bathroom. You also get double the amount of wardrobes and in the bathroom there is a cabinet on each side of the basin plus of course a bath. We have had 3 other couples in for drinks and there is plenty of room for entertaining. :)

Jennie

I agree. The space in the mini is wonderful. It is square which is much different then you find on other Princess ships (besides the Ocean).

Here is a photo I took back in April...

grandtahitihawaiipano%20010-L.jpg

grandtahitihawaiipano%20008-L.jpg

Many thanks

Danny Weitz

The only concern regarding the connecting door is that this spot is where they put the sofa. In balcony cabins with connecting doors, sofa is usually not there and replaced by a chair. In minis, I believe they will still give you a sofa, but a smaller one. There's not much you can do about it, since the Princess reps and even your TA won't have a clue. Can you change to another cabin that isn't connecting.

P.S. No perks

You don't get any other perks but the biggest perk of all in my opinion is the extra room in the cabin itself, on the balcony and in the bathroom. You also get double the amount of wardrobes and in the bathroom there is a cabinet on each side of the basin plus of course a bath. We have had 3 other couples in for drinks and there is plenty of room for entertaining.

We have had a mini suite many times on the Ocean Princess and we love them. We also will be having an adjoining cabin on our next cruise which is a bit of a worry as when we booked we wanted to be in the same area that we always like which is around cabin 8000 and cabin 8008 was the only one available. That was 18 months out from sailing and we were one of the first to book. The ship is now booked out so I haven't had the chance to try and change our cabin. We are hoping for quiet neighbours in 8006! :)

Jennie

Totally agree.

We are below the internet cafe on our next cruise and have had our booking clearly marked no upgrade to either a higher grade mini-suite (located beneath Lido area and bandstand) or to a Penthouse suite (useless forward facing balconies).

Not expecting an upgrade to an Owner's suite though we are wait listed for a move though we would of course have to pay.

Only point to be aware of is that, on Ocean, a couple of the port side mini-suites in the range 8000 - 8008 are fixed in the twin bed configuration. To be honest, I can't remember which numbers they are, but something in my head tells me that 8006 is one of those with a fixed configuration.

No worries!!! We had cabin 8008 on the Pacific Princess and there was a sofa in front of the door. If you needed the door they would have to rearrange, but I suspect that rarely happens.

black%2520sea%25201%2520106.JPG

black%2520sea%25201%2520105.JPG

black%2520sea%25201%2520107.JPG

view of the bridge from balcony:

black%2520sea%25201%2520114.JPG

The only problem with the cabin was in the morning they would move the chairs in the area above, beside the pool bar to hose down the deck. It only lasted a few minutes, so not terrible.

Just recently on the Ocean Princess we had 8055 under the Horizon Court dining area and the trolleys moving dishes, food, etc were constantly going back and forth above us. While not terrible, it did sound like we lived under a subway station. :rolleyes:

Edited by 5326jan

5326Jan were you able to tell if there were two doors between the cabins? One door in each cabin. Did you ever hear any noise coming through the door

Thanks

Joe

5326Jan were you able to tell if there were two doors between the cabins? One door in each cabin. Did you ever hear any noise coming through the door

Thanks

Joe

I never tried to open the door, nor did I ask our neighbors in 8006 if they had a door. It was not recessed at all, so there must have been one. It was exactly like the doors you would find in a hotel room.

We never heard a sound from that room, although we met our neighbors and they didn't seem like the rowdy type. :) They said they didn't hear any noise from above in the mornings, but they were under the restroom.

PS the sofa was the same size as the one we had on the Ocean in a NON adjoining cabin.

Edited by 5326jan

Is it just mini-suites that have shared doors? I am not a fan of the shared door in hotel rooms and always ask for a room w/o that extra door.

My mom and I are looking at a room on deck 3 with just a window on the Pacific Princess. Is there a chance these rooms have shared doors?

Edited by akeasley

Is it just mini-suites that have shared doors? I am not a fan of the shared door in hotel rooms and always ask for a room w/o that extra door.

My mom and I are looking at a room on the 3rd floor with just a window on the Pacific Princess. Is there a chance these rooms have shared doors?

One thing is that there are not many connecting cabins in the Princess fleet.

The deck plans used to show a symbol for connecting cabins and now they are not listed. Don't know what that accomplishes. :rolleyes:

According to a website I can't mention, the following cabins are connecting/adjoining with interior doors:

8006/8 .... 8007/9

8010/16 .... 8011/19

8022/24 .... 8025/27 These are both a mini(22 and 25) connecting to a balcony

7022/24 .... 7025/27

7030/32 .... 7033/35

6002/4 .... 6003/5

6024/26 .... 60027/29

4008/10 .... 4009/11

4012/14 .... 4015/17

4016/18 .... 4019/21

I didn't see any on deck 3

Edited by 5326jan

I never tried to open the door, nor did I ask our neighbors in 8006 if they had a door. It was not recessed at all, so there must have been one. It was exactly like the doors you would find in a hotel room.

We never heard a sound from that room, although we met our neighbors and they didn't seem like the rowdy type. :) They said they didn't hear any noise from above in the mornings, but they were under the restroom.

PS the sofa was the same size as the one we had on the Ocean in a NON adjoining cabin.

Thank you. We have cabin 8006 booked for the Dec. 2015 cruise. The cruise is sold out so was wondering what to expect with this cabin. Guess we will find out first hand in Dec. :)

Thank you. We have cabin 8006 booked for the Dec. 2015 cruise. The cruise is sold out so was wondering what to expect with this cabin. Guess we will find out first hand in Dec. :)

I would bet there will be a few that cancel in the next 16 months and when final comes.

Many thanks for all the photos and sage advice.

I just called Princess, and the rep put me on wait and checked; the beds in 8006 can be-configured for a queen.

Many thanks!

Danny Weitz

Thanks for that. Must be either 8000 or 8004 as the photos show 8008 in queen bed configuration and I can definitely confirm that 8002 can be configured to a queen bed. Wish I could remember which of those it is that is in a fixed configuration.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Next time I book, I will purposefully choose 8006!

One thing is that there are not many connecting cabins in the Princess fleet.

The deck plans used to show a symbol for connecting cabins and now they are not listed. Don't know what that accomplishes. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply. I did notice that on our HAL cruise next spring, they did have an indication on their website as to which rooms connected but the Princess site didn't indicate that.

According to a website I can't mention, the following cabins are connecting/adjoining with interior doors:

8006/8 .... 8007/9

8010/16 .... 8011/19

8022/24 .... 8025/27 These are both a mini(22 and 25) connecting to a balcony

7022/24 .... 7025/27

7030/32 .... 7033/35

6002/4 .... 6003/5

6024/26 .... 60027/29

4008/10 .... 4009/11

4012/14 .... 4015/17

4016/18 .... 4019/21

I didn't see any on deck 3

Wonderful! Makes me feel a lot better....thanks so much for the info!

Thanks for that. Must be either 8000 or 8004 as the photos show 8008 in queen bed configuration and I can definitely confirm that 8002 can be configured to a queen bed. Wish I could remember which of those it is that is in a fixed configuration.

We have had 8000 three times on the Ocean Princess - it is our favourite cabin - as it is just so quiet, no noise at all from above and we have always had a queen or king size bed when in that cabin. Our friends were in 8002 in March/April and they also had the queen/king combination so unless 8004 is the one with the twin beds, they can all be moved to either twin or queen. We have 8008 in April and are hoping that eventually we can move a few cabins as I do know what the noise can be like from above in those mini suites. We have had 8040, 8053 and 8057 and they can be quite noisy early in the morning.

Jennie