Nieuw Amsterdam

Arubababe52

Going on my first Med cruise on Sept 9 from Venice to Barcelona was wondering what time we can get on the ship in Venice. We will be there a day early. Also, when we disembark in Barcelona, my flight doesn't leave until 2:30, is there time to do anything. We will have the day before to explore, but didn't know if I want to get to the airport early. From reading info on cc looks like if you take a tour only if your flight leaves later than 3:00 pm.

I've booked some private tours and advertised on my roll call, but haven't gotten much interest yet. Our roll call is pretty quiet. There are 4 of us traveling together and if we have to I will suck it up and pay the higher price. I much prefer the private tours vs the cruise line. Don't want to be shuttled around like cattle.

Any info is greatly appreciated only 2 months to go, can't wait. This has been on my bucket list for a while now.

HAL usually starts boarding at 11:30. And of the cabins are ready, you can drop off your carry-ons before going to lunch or exploring the ship.

With all the new rules about having electronic devises open and operating, it is taking longer to go through security. So if I were you, I would go to the airport and not worry about another tour and then have to worry about long lines at the airport at the last minute.