Is "Bring a Friend" useless?

Well...

Turned down again by RCCL for the "Bring a Friend" $25 OBC. This time because I had a platinum balcony discount already applied. So....anyone platinum and above who buys balcony cabins will not be rewarded for bringing new people to Royal.

Doesn't make much sense?

I understand the policy of not giving multiple discounts, but this small OBC should never be denied.

Well...

Turned down again by RCCL for the "Bring a Friend" $25 OBC. This time because I had a platinum balcony discount already applied. So....anyone platinum and above who buys balcony cabins will not be rewarded for bringing new people to Royal.

Doesn't make much sense?

I understand the policy of not giving multiple discounts, but this small OBC should never be denied.

Either Royal has changed the policy and not updated the website, or something else is going on. The terms on the website specifically include combinations with C&A perks. Here is the relevant paragraph:

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Edited by clarea

Ok...

I called C&A this time. She said the rep must of given me the wrong information. I was denied the $25 OBC because I had been given $200 off during an April promo.

Still believe RCCL should always give out this small OBC no matter what. Cheaper than what they pay a TA to bring them new business.

Thanks again Bob!

SA

Ok...

I called C&A this time. She said the rep must of given me the wrong information. I was denied the $25 OBC because I had been given $200 off during an April promo.

Still believe RCCL should always give out this small OBC no matter what. Cheaper than what they pay a TA to bring them new business.

Thanks again Bob!

SA

You're welcome, and thanks for reporting back. Good to know specifically what caused the denial.

The onboard credit amount is $25 for each stateroom in which a verified Friend is booked, subject to a maximum of $125 per Member. Limit of one onboard credit per stateroom booked by a Friend; if a person is confirmed as a Friend of a Member, no other Member may receive credit for that person or any other person booked in Friend's stateroom. If more than one Offer redemption request is submitted for a person or for a person booked in a Friend’s stateroom, Royal Caribbean will process only the first request received. Redemption requests will be processed within 70 days of receipt of final payment by Member and Friend for cruises 7-nights or longer, and, within 50 days of receipt of final payment from Member and Friend for cruises less than 7 nights. Offer not combinable with any other promotion or offer except for the Onboard Booking Bonus, CAS Savings Certificates and CAS Balcony/Suite discounts. The onboard credit will be applied to Member's booking up to five days before the sail date. If the Friend does not sail, the onboard credit will be removed from the Member's reservation. Friend may enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society after completing the first sailing.

Wait...isn't final payment typically due 60 days out? So theoretically, your OBC might not be processed before you actually get on the ship?

Wait...isn't final payment typically due 60 days out? So theoretically, your OBC might not be processed before you actually get on the ship?

Final payment is 60 days for short (5 days or less) cruises and 75 days for longer cruises.

I have always been denied also and stopped trying. Each time there is another reason; I booked through a TA, other discounts applied, booked during a sale, the other party booked through a TA.

I had no issue last year getting this applied. DH, DS & I were in one cabin with a balcony discount applied. DD & boyfriend were next door with a balcony discount applied since she is Emerald. I got the $25 credit on my account for bring DD boyfriend.

Well...

Doesn't make much sense?

Typical RC policy. No combining.

I got one when sailing with a first time cruiser.

We had JS cabins next to each other.

They paid for it, but I charged all the cruises on my card (separate transactions) and we had separate reservation numbers.

We didn't have any other discounts that I was aware of.

Edited by m*u*g*