Jewel or Dawn

BrownCalico

We loved Dawn. We only had the Ocean View cabins so I can only speak to that. It fit us perfectly and had a big bathroom with the lavatory in the middle and the shower had a sliding door on one side and the toilet had a sliding door on the other side. We are very sad to see it go to NO and are going on the Sun in 2015 and hoping for the best.

That is a tough choice, we really liked the Dawn but my edge would also go to the Jewel. I like the Spa just a bit better on the Jewel, also love the Great Outdoors and the location of Spinnakers being forward rather than aft. I also like Les Bistro being in the larger venue.

I have been on both ships and enjoyed them. If the Jewel's spinnaker lounge was left intact, than I would go with it. It also has the Great Outdoors, which the Dawn lacks.

Although the Dawn's Spinnaker Lounge was moved aft, the suites on deck 12, with the floor to ceiling windows, are to die for. However, the new Spinnaker leaves much to be desired. It is smaller, without the great views of the old one.

The Dawn is still a nice ship with a great crew, good food, and entertainment.

Probably the Jewel. However both are great. Great Outdoors and Spinnaker Lounge make a small difference to me:D

I would go Jewel as well for these reasons. The one thing I prefer about the Dawn is the bars. I don't like "bar central" on the Jewel class ships. But overall the Jewel would still win for me.

It is VERY close, but I vote for the Jewel. The spa has the heated loungers which the Dawn does not. I also agree that the Great Outdoors is a plus on the Jewel.

The Dawn is just a smidgeon behind the Jewel. The spa is tiny, but very quiet, it was never busy for me. It is a wonderful ship and we loved it too. The Cruise Director was really great on this ship.

We did not have to fly to leave from Boston to sail the Dawn, and that is always a plus to consider.

Nice predicament!:p

Love them both, but prefer the Jewel for all the reasons stated here, PLUS it has the best layout of Garden Cafe of all the ships - there are "island" stations in the middle of the room rather than the cafeteria setup which we think makes it not only less crowded, but enables you to "browse" what is available without actually waiting in line. For that reason, plus great outdoors plus spinnaker, Jewel wins for me.

Depends on what you're looking for. The 'new' suites on deck 12 are fantastic! But the sacrifice for them was no Spinnaker at the front of the ship with the big, beautiful windows. (Those are now enjoyed by the folks in the suites.) The Spinnaker is now aft and dark. But still just fine for the entertainment that is enjoyed there.

The Jewel has the Great Outdoors and the nice Spinnaker lounge up front, as well as one more deck.

Same length to both ships.