Breeze or Liberty-help decide

dptt

I haven't been on the Liberty, but definitely enjoyed the Breeze. I would probably choose based on the itinerary. The Breeze has a steakhouse, Bonsai Sushi and Cucina del Capitano as dinner options besides the main dining room and buffet, which would provide lots of choices for good food.

JMHO....but the Breeze borders on too big for me..... 3600 pass vs 2900 on the Liberty. That equate to 700 more people trying to get into the same # of shows, elevators, etc. I hear the Breeze is a great ship and I am sure you will have a great time no matter which you choose!

We are first time Carnival cruisers. Which one should we book? Reasons? We do not drink, like shows, and good food. Appreciate your advise. Thank You

I have sailed both ships....Liberty 3 times so far and Breeze 1 time.... These happen to be my two favorite Carnival ships :D

I would need more info to give my opinion on this....# of days, itinerary etc....as well at what other cruises you have been on and what kinds of entertainment and dining you prefer

Breeze is larger and has extra dining options as previously stated as well as the 5D theater and some other nice additions. Liberty is a lovely ship. Perfect size for my taste and I found many options for live entertainment on my last sailing and plenty of food options to suit my needs

But....its different strokes for different folks :) so I what I find entertaining may not be the same as what you want to do.....For example...on my last cruise I did not get of the ship at any of the ports at all and this was perfect for me for that time.

Never sailed on the Breeze. I'm about to sail on the Liberty for the second time. I wanted to try the Breeze but I usually sail for the destinations (ports) first, the cruise ship second. And its (Liberty) departing from much further up FL than Miami or Ft. Lauderdale, the Liberty completely sold me. So many ports to see!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by t1adams

I do love the Liberty, but for my own personal reasons, and I have not yet been on the Breeze, but both ships seem to be well liked by many, so I dont think you can go wrong with either. To make your choice, maybe you can decide based on the ports of call, and where they leave from, number of days and price of cruise. Whichever one you choose, have a great cruise.

We are first time Carnival cruisers. Which one should we book? Reasons? We do not drink, like shows, and good food. Appreciate your advise. Thank You

Having sailed both ships, I recommend Breeze.

The one thing that's really important is the aft (back) pool deck. On Liberty it's recessed into the ship. I felt like I was in a tunnel and the natural sounds of people talking echoed everywhere. Plus, we are admitted sun worshipers. Due to the layout of the area, it was impossible to move our chairs with the position of the sun. We felt like sardines in a can. On Breeze, it's wide open so we felt the sun and the wind and listened to the wake as the ship sailed. Though Breeze is bigger, we never felt crowded.

Dont think you could go wrong with either but slight favorite for newer ship the breeze.

Liberty still has the old type production shows while Breeze has the crappy playlist productions show.

Like newer so slight edge to Breeze.

If you have kids or like to be a bit more adventurous yourselves I would choose Breeze for the Waterworks and Sports area.

I have considered the Liberty as well since it offers 8 day itineraries. It's a closer drive as well but it's the little extra things to do on the ship that sells it for my family.

Having sailed both ships, I recommend Breeze.

The one thing that's really important is the aft (back) pool deck. On Liberty it's recessed into the ship. I felt like I was in a tunnel and the natural sounds of people talking echoed everywhere. Plus, we are admitted sun worshipers. Due to the layout of the area, it was impossible to move our chairs with the position of the sun. We felt like sardines in a can. On Breeze, it's wide open so we felt the sun and the wind and listened to the wake as the ship sailed. Though Breeze is bigger, we never felt crowded.

Is the aft pool adults only on this Breeze?

I really think you'd be happy on either ship. I've sailed the Liberty, and loved her, but have not sailed the Breeze. The Breeze is a larger ship and sails from a port farther from my home. I prefer to drive to port, so I doubt I sail the Breeze until she relocates. If you are flying, either one would be great. I'd let the destinations, cruise length, and cost decide for you. Have a fabulous cruise.:D