Live onboard Jewel of the Seas (until Internet is taken away)😄

Where is the best place to get a burger on Jewel?

In no particular order: MDR: Angus Sliders, Seaview, Room Service, Windjammer. Windjammer is probably not the best.

Edited by clarea

We sail Princess 4x a year. Usually leave hotel by 10:00 and on board no later than 11:30. AND we can get in our room then, not wait until 1:00 or after. Just another reason we love Princess. We picked Jewel/RCCL because of the itineraries (doing b2bs) and the ship.

My stateroom, 8124 deluxe balcony, had a flat screen tv :p I noticed some cabins on our deck had tube tvs.

Overall I thought the ship was in good shape. Didn't see signs of age- even though 10 yrs is not that old ;)

Service was great. Public areas well maintained. Overall food was ok-went to Chops, delicious. The Seaview Cafe was less desirable- had fish & chips (too much batter) and my son said wings were just ok. Their tuna melt was good. Liked the layout and decor of Windjammer.

Had My Time dining and never had more than a 5 minute wait and was able to get the same waiter every night except one.

Really enjoyed the cruise!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruisingqueen74

Just off of the Jewel, 1050 had a flat screen TV. Also stayed at the Marriott San Juan for 1 night pre cruise, we checked in at 2:30, and was assigned a room at 3:20, although they did not guarantee a room until 4pm. We got a surprise upgrade at the Marriott because our room wasn't ready - to a very nice suite on the top floor. It is a great property and close to some great restaurants.

Today was Megan's Bay Beach. Beautiful! Took the excursion from the ship and it was perfect. 2 hours on the beach with scenery there and back. Here are a few pictures before we sail. ImageUploadedByForums1405284651.847896.jpg.32b541ab387b2469fc2354eb8b0419c4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1405284664.143797.jpg.44d8ea253c1a5afc112e4bae6a9f4ffa.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1405284680.429386.jpg.afc7a59eeda78646d8a09a72c63858f8.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1405284693.443127.jpg.ab3dfc0bf60a79b596f04edb79ab5a6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are home safe and sound. It's hard coming off of vacation mode. I'll try to post all my reviews today between loads of laundry.

Food

We were overall pleased with the food on the Jewel. The menu in the main dining room has been expanded since the last time we cruised in 2011. We had many choices to choose from each evening. At least 8 appetizers, 5-6 main courses (not including the regular ones like the steak, salmon, etc) and around 8 desserts every night. Our assigned time was the 8:30 seating. We had great table mates so it was very enjoyable. All the food came out hot and delicious. My only complaint was the tiger shrimp and they were a little over cooked. I asked for another try and they were perfect.

The windjammer was better than I remembered. Breakfast was always fresh and had all the regular foods you would expect in a breakfast buffet. I noticed the food being changed on many occasions before it was completely empty or had sat for too long. Lunch was really good especially the Italian and American days. Sea days were the only days that were crowded and hard to find a table, which is understandable. My suggestion is to head toward the back because there were always tables available if you take the time to walk a little farther than the front.

We tried the Sea View Cafe on two occasions. It was ok. We tried the fish and chips, Rueben sandwich, Cuban sandwich, and onion rings. There was always a table and service was good.

On the first night of the cruise we ate at Portafino’s and it was excellent. A couple at our table ate at chops one night and raved about the filet.

The waiters and assistants were fantastic. Probably the nicest crew I’ve ever had since my cruise many years ago on Rhapsody out of Galveston.

More reviews on the way.

Thanks for all the photos a review so far. We are taking this cruise in September. I just want to ask what nights were formal nights? I have just had a few different answers so I wanted to check with someone that recently sailed this itinerary. Thanks again!

Our formal nights were Day 2 (St. Thomas) and Day 5 (Curacao). The second formal night was the lobster dinner. There was a wide variety of clothing...from formal dresses and tuxes to cocktail dresses and suits to a few who decided to go less formal but still looked nice. Nothing abnormal. I hope this helps.

Our formal nights were Day 2 (St. Thomas) and Day 5 (Curacao). The second formal night was the lobster dinner. There was a wide variety of clothing...from formal dresses and tuxes to cocktail dresses and suits to a few who decided to go less formal but still looked nice. Nothing abnormal. I hope this helps.

Thank you so much it was a huge help!

You are welcome!

Here is the run down of all the dinner nights.

Day 1-San Juan: Casual "Mojo Dinner Menu"

6:00 & 8:45 dinner times due to the muster drill at 8:00pm

Day 2-St. Thomas: Formal "Saffron Dinner Menu"

Late dinner back to 8:30pm

Day 3-St. Kitts: Smart Casual "Pimiento Dinner Menu"

Day 4-Day at Sea: Casual "Arugula Dinner Menu"

Day 5-Curacao: Formal "Jasmine Dinner Menu" (Lobster)

Day 6-Aruba: Tropical/White Attire "****ake Dinner Menu"

Day 7-Day at Sea: Casual "Spanish Tapas Night"

I can't remember why the named the dinners the way they did. For example: Saffron night only had one dish that had saffron. All of it was good. Our favorite nights were days 5, 6 & 7. Our least favorite was day 3. The appetizers were really good and had tons of variety.

We loved the Marriott. Nice beach, great staff, and lots of good restaurants down the street. Our two favorites were Bar Gitano (Spanish Tapas Bar) and Yerba Bueno (Puerto Rican Food). We ate at both twice in the 5 days we stayed at the Marriott.

We just returned from this cruise as well. Had a great time! 2nd time on the Jewel and loved it once again.

Our favorite meal in the MDR was the filet of beef. It just melted in your mouth! Delish! We also ate at Portofino's for lunch on the first sea day. They offered a combination of their menu and Giovanni's Table (on ships like Allure and Oasis) for $15 pp. It was also a fabulous meal - relaxed and not busy. Half of those dining were senior officers and the cruise director Dennis Charles.

Glad you enjoyed your trip as well! Love reliving the trip in reviews now that the laundry is done! 😊

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app