Informal night question.

benjybody

Just posted this on a different board and Keith advised me to post here. Also, I would be very grateful for any further tips you might have to make our first time voyage memorable!

Hi everyone.. I know there are lots of threads about Cunard dress codes but I wanted to ask about a specific outfit.

We are travelling on the QM2 from Southampton to NYC. This is our first ever cruise (let alone Cunard).

For informal night, would it be acceptable/appropriate for men to wear a smart blazer, shirt and coloured chinos?

Any advice would be most welcome!

Just posted this on a different board and Keith advised me to post here. Also, I would be very grateful for any further tips you might have to make our first time voyage memorable!

Hi everyone.. I know there are lots of threads about Cunard dress codes but I wanted to ask about a specific outfit.

We are travelling on the QM2 from Southampton to NYC. This is our first ever cruise (let alone Cunard).

For informal night, would it be acceptable/appropriate for men to wear a smart blazer, shirt and coloured chinos?

Any advice would be most welcome!

Absolutely perfect, no problem whatsoever. Enjoy your trip.

Ben, glad you posted here.

We sailed on the QM2 from Southampton to NYC in June. It was our first time on the QM2 and sailing with Cunard and enjoyed the experience.

The ship offers lots of activities and we enjoyed walking around each area of the ship each day of the cruise taking in the beauty of the ship. There are areas on board the ship with photos on the wall with narratives about the history of Cunard and also the QM2 and we thought that was very special.

Keith

My tips are:

(1) to be sure to peek at the bridge. There is a viewing area. Fascinating! (I believe deck 12--or maybe 11 ???)

(2) read the daily program, in advance, before deciding activities. Often, there are a number of excellent offerings and making a choice can be difficult. Plan ahead!

(3) attend some of the daytime lectures. Cunard arranges extremely interesting speakers. Always a highlight!

(4) spend some time in the Commadore (deck 8 forward). Great place to sit and look at the ocean. Nice place to read for a while. You can order a drink, but that isn't mandatory (although it can be nice).

Have a wonderful crossing!

My tips are:

(4) spend some time in the Commadore (deck 8 forward). Great place to sit and look at the ocean. Nice place to read for a while. You can order a drink, but that isn't mandatory (although it can be nice).

Have a wonderful crossing!

I do believe it is on deck 9? Commadore Club?

One thing that is nice for us Americans is they sell Cuban cigars on the ship, which are available in Churchhills, part of the Commadore Club :)

I do believe it is on deck 9? Commadore Club?

One thing that is nice for us Americans is they sell Cuban cigars on the ship, which are available in Churchhills, part of the Commadore Club :)

You are correct, Nclbella---deck 9. Deck 8 is the library. My mistake!