Ruby Princess - Which Deck Has the Deepest Balconies

dag144

We just returned from a great cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We booked a guarantee and received cabin C (for Caribe) 306. While the cabin interior is similar to the other balconies that I have had, this balcony was very large (deep) with both a sunny area and a shaded overhang. It was great. I am thinking of booking a similar configuration, if it exists, on the Ruby in December.

Which deck should I go for to get a deep outdoor area.

We just returned from a great cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We booked a guarantee and received cabin C (for Caribe) 306. While the cabin interior is similar to the other balconies that I have had, this balcony was very large (deep) with both a sunny area and a shaded overhang. It was great. I am thinking of booking a similar configuration, if it exists, on the Ruby in December.

Which deck should I go for to get a deep outdoor area.

A mini-suite on Dolphin Deck (9) has that.

While it's uncovered, don't think it's always totally sunny which it seldom is. All depends on the direction/angle of the sun and the dividers between balconies also block the sun.

LuLu

Recently got off 25 days on the Ruby where we had a Caribe deck cabin for most of the cruise. We love C deck balconies on the Grand Class ships because its large, has a covered area for privacy and the rainy days, and an open section for when you want sun. Towards the end of our cruise a pipe burst in our bathroom and flooded the entire cabin. The Hotel Manager quickly arranged to move us to an empty D Deck Mini for the remainder of the cruise. The cabin was nice, but we immediately hated the totally uncovered balcony. We missed the covered part and hated the fact that there was no privacy from those above. If your priority is more space then the mini-suites are nice. But if you really like those Caribe Deck balconies you might not be happy trading it for an uncovered balcony (there are some covered Mini balconies on another deck).

Hank

Recently got off 25 days on the Ruby where we had a Caribe deck cabin for most of the cruise. We love C deck balconies on the Grand Class ships because its large, has a covered area for privacy and the rainy days, and an open section for when you want sun. Towards the end of our cruise a pipe burst in our bathroom and flooded the entire cabin. The Hotel Manager quickly arranged to move us to an empty D Deck Mini for the remainder of the cruise. The cabin was nice, but we immediately hated the totally uncovered balcony. We missed the covered part and hated the fact that there was no privacy from those above. If your priority is more space then the mini-suites are nice. But if you really like those Caribe Deck balconies you might not be happy trading it for an uncovered balcony (there are some covered Mini balconies on another deck).

Hank

Keep in mind .... if you can see me on my mini-suite below on Dolphin Deck when you stand at the rail and look down, I can look up and see you, even when you're sitting down in the covered part on Caribe Deck.

Not of any importance to us because we seldom use our balcony. You are so right. We book a mid ship mini-suite for the extra space and to be close to the mid ship elevators to avoid long walks. :)

LuLu

Thanks for the advice. We changed our booking to Caribe 222 which has the large outdoor area half covered by the Baja deck above. Contrary to what others have said when we were in Caribe 306 on the Caribbean Princess last week, if I sat near the sliding door the only way that I could be seen from above would have been if somebody hung over the side!

Thanks for the advice. We changed our booking to Caribe 222 which has the large outdoor area half covered by the Baja deck above. Contrary to what others have said when we were in Caribe 306 on the Caribbean Princess last week, if I sat near the sliding door the only way that I could be seen from above would have been if somebody hung over the side!

You are correct from ABOVE ... but not from Below on Dolphin Deck. All anyone on Dolphin Deck (5 cabins to either side) has to do is glance up when standing at the rail to see folks sitting by the sliding glass door on Caribe and Baja.

Seems some men (seems to always be men) don't realize this and will be sitting there in their "birthday suit". :rolleyes:

Still a very nice cabin choice when having a larger balcony in regular balcony cabin in important to you. Enjoy! :)

LuLu