Sun Princess to NZ- limited excursion choice?

We are on the Sun Princes to NZ over new year.

I notice that shore excursions are now available to book, but the choice seems very limited. As an example there are no options at all listed for Auckland. Could this be correct? might they add more options as time gets closer?

If I view excursions on the Princes site through Learn about Cruising-Ports and Excursions there are a lot of choices, however if I view excursions through cruise personalizer there is a very limited range to view and book.

I was planning on using mainly 3rd party tours anyway but was looking at excursions on the Princes site for ideas and noticed that there are not many available.

As we are new to cruising I am just wondering if it is normal for not all options to be available or for more to be added later.

I think sometimes more tours could be added later, depending on the port and what they have organise so far.

I have not done a cruise that does a stop over in Auckland before (I am from there ;)), so I don't know if this is normal or not :)

Hope this is of some help!

At least you're seeing some excursions!

I'm booked on the cruise before yours, to the South Pacific over Christmas, and so far "Excursions are not currently available for online reservations." :(

Not that I actually want to do many excursions, except perhaps at Port Denarau, but it would be nice to see what will be available. I guess they'll show up eventually.

Thanks everyone, I guess I will wait and see if anything else comes out. It just seems so limited the more I look at them, there isn't even an option to visit the thermal areas in Rotorua out of Tauranga. (I have already booked a 3rd party for this but I cant imagine that Princess wouldn't have any options for that area).

Ozkiwi- I was surprised they were already available, I just kind of stumbled across them when I was familiarising myself with the cruise personalizer, I added some to my wish list (mainly to start organising my brain as to what we would like to maybe do) and then I noticed that I could actually book them!

Raks, I am booked on Voyager of the Seas to NZ over New Year and currently they have more than 12 tour options each for Auckland and Tauranga - thought I would mention this as a comparison. Have not cruised with Princess or to NZ before but hopefully your cruise will offer similiar tour options at some point.

Ozkiwi- I was surprised they were already available, I just kind of stumbled across them when I was familiarising myself with the cruise personalizer, I added some to my wish list (mainly to start organising my brain as to what we would like to maybe do) and then I noticed that I could actually book them!

I don't even seem to be able to add any to my wish list :confused:

I don't even seem to be able to add any to my wish list :confused:

I couldn't at first either, we booked 2 months ago and I certainly couldn't even look at any options through my booking, then magically one day I noticed I could!

Thanks aussielozzie for your input. Looking at Excursions on the Princess site for different ports there should be around that amount as well, they just don't come up as available in the spot where I can book them.

I think Voyager and Sun will cross paths somewhere between Auckland and Tauranga:)