July 4, 2014 Radiance Southbound/DIY Land Tour Review

mollanjake

See u did finish it before me:)

Great pic of the bear in tree as I just could not get the angle right to capture him, just too dark for my camera to capture. Hey, I think u might still owe me a drink for those Anan permits, so maybe someday we will be on another cruise together:p

I do owe you a few drinks! We totally missed the sail away in Seward, did anyone go to Adrienne's cabin?

Laura

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great trip report and photos. Thanks so much for sharing. What a wonderful family vacation! You really made the most of every location.

Your daughter was beaming in every photo .... is that her disposition? or was that a pose for the camera? or did she realize what a fantastic experience she was enjoying?

I do owe you a few drinks! We totally missed the sail away in Seward, did anyone go to Adrienne's cabin?

Laura

Yes, we did for a little bit. Ritah and family were there, Al and Annie, May have missed some...

Great trip report and photos. Thanks so much for sharing. What a wonderful family vacation! You really made the most of every location.

Your daughter was beaming in every photo .... is that her disposition? or was that a pose for the camera? or did she realize what a fantastic experience she was enjoying?

I have to say after meeting Laura's daughter in person several times, she is a very charismatic girl:) that seemed to have a very sunny disposition.

Karen

Thanks!

My daughter is very photogenic and loves to pose for the camera. She does think it was a fantastic trip, but I'm not sure she realizes how fantastic. We keep stressing to her how expensive this and other trips are so it's important to do well in school, get a good job etc.

Laura

Yes, we did for a little bit. Ritah and family were there, Al and Annie, May have missed some...

Can't believe I never wrote down Adrienne's cabin # and missed that. I'm pretty sure she was just down the hall too!

Laura

I have to say after meeting Laura's daughter in person several times, she is a very charismatic girl:) that seemed to have a very sunny disposition.

Karen

Thanks!

Her disposition is not always that sunny(for mom)

Laura

Just wanted to say thanks for posting your review. You had such great pictures! You covered a lot of what I plan to do. If we do a dog sled tour, we will proudly go with the one in Seward as I have other plans at the other ports. I also want to do Exit Glacier and I have already booked Anan (just have to wait for the permit/fingers crossed). Loved your picture of the brown bear in front of the outhouse. I have seen the video on You Tube of the woman stuck in there!

Between your review and JosieRhodes, I have a lot more information that I was looking for. :)

Glad to be of help.

During my research I found that glacier dog sled tours I cancelled less often out of Seward than others ports.

JosieRhodes and I did a lot of talking on our role call!

Hope you have a great trip

Laura

Thanks for adding to 2014 trip reports thread!

Laura

Thanks for adding to 2014 trip reports thread!

Laura

you had the hard work of writing the trip report and posting the photos, so thank you!! I think trip reports are such a great resource. They provide first hand recommendations for excursions, lodging, sights, activities, etc. And when you 'see' someone's adventure you get a better idea of what it will be like.

• 6 months later...

just thought I'd give this report a bump since there have been several posts about kids and cruises. This is an active family report with lots of activities, including heli-dog sledding in Seward, kenai fjords cruise, Anan bear viewing. Tips on packing as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070945

Another good family report is from JosieRhodes. There are lots of interesting trip reports in the STICKY near the top of the page; couples, kids, multi generational. All with great info to help with your planning.