Cycling from Aix En Provence to Marseille (or vice-versa)

RickT

I've searched and have found some bike maps for routes between Aix and Marseilles. Distance looks to be about 31 kms which is easily doable.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and has any comments? I cannot tell from the Map how bike friendly the route is. I have read that Mareseille is not very bike friendly.

Love to watch cycling, but I'm more a runner somewhat familiar with the area. I wouldn't want to attempt it. Riding into Marseilles would be a nightmare. For that matter, Aix is not a real small town. It was on freeway but our worst nightmare driving in Europe was getting from Aix to the Marseille airport at night. Think I still have nightmares about that drive. Something from Arles to St. Remy would be a pleasant ride, though.

Edited by buggins0402

DW and I are cyclists and routinely do 30 miles or more. The distance would be easy, but as I remember, you would encounter some hilly terrain.

The big question is what roads would you be on?

Riding a bike on the narrow streets of these old European cities without a dedicated bike trail would not be acceptable to me.

I can say that Aix En Provence is a neat place to spend a few hours. Also, loved Les Baux de Provence, Saint Paul Vence, Pont du Gard, Avignon and Arles.