help please florida locals

Could anyone recommend a shuttle service from Orlando international airport to a hotel just near port canaveral. Flying in the night before our cruise on freedom of the seas.

Was looking for a shared shuttle to keep the cost down, been quoted $145 in a taxi.

Although you did not mention it, but you may wish to consider a rental car. It is a fairly cheap option and most companies do not charge drop fees and there are drop off locations in and around Port Canaveral.

Although you did not mention it, but you may wish to consider a rental car. It is a fairly cheap option and most companies do not charge drop fees and there are drop off locations in and around Port Canaveral.

Plus it is a simple drive from OIA to Port Canaveral area.....only takes about 45 min to an hr, 1 highway the entire way....

I have used both Hertz and Avis both have shuttles from their drop off to the port.

Plus it is a simple drive from OIA to Port Canaveral area.....only takes about 45 min to an hr, 1 highway the entire way....

Humourous story. Years ago, on our first shuttle from the port to the airport, we engaged Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We were standing in the shuttle area, and the lady was calling for all riders to OIA. I ignored her because I was going to MCO. After several more calls and maybe 10 or 15 minutes, she comes up to us and asks where we are going. I tell her MCO. She says, I've been calling for you. Oh, I thought you said OIA. She says, that's MCO, that's what the locals call it. I tell her, if you're running a business that takes people to an airport, there's a good chance there are non-locals using the business.

Anyhow, long way to say it may not be a good thing to use the term OIA when you are dealing with people very likely to be non-locals.

Humourous story. Years ago, on our first shuttle from the port to the airport, we engaged Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We were standing in the shuttle area, and the lady was calling for all riders to OIA. I ignored her because I was going to MCO. After several more calls and maybe 10 or 15 minutes, she comes up to us and asks where we are going. I tell her MCO. She says, I've been calling for you. Oh, I thought you said OIA. She says, that's MCO, that's what the locals call it. I tell her, if you're running a business that takes people to an airport, there's a good chance there are non-locals using the business.

Anyhow, long way to say it may not be a good thing to use the term OIA when you are dealing with people very likely to be non-locals.

Hehe. I'm close enough to Orlando, and I call it MCO.

When I see OIA, I think of the beautiful town on the tip of Santorini.

I have been pricing various car companies and they all seem to have a drop charge. Do you know of any in particular that do not?

I have been pricing various car companies and they all seem to have a drop charge. Do you know of any in particular that do not?

Budget doesn't, $35 one way

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We use Avis all the time and there is no separate drop charge. Maybe it's already built into the price, but we can typically find a full size rental for around $50 plus gas for one day.

This isn't exactly apples to apples, since I live right near Port Canaveral, when I rent (the last couple of times National) one way and drop off at Ft. Lauderdale, there has not been a drop charge. I have also done the reverse, again with no drop fee.