New to this board, thought I'd share something I found.

agentcorona

First I'd like to say I am really glad I found Cruise Critic. None of my friends get as excited as I do when I talk about cruising. This place has it all; cruise lines, port discussions, and now this board :D

I have been looking to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle for some time now. I was doing the P90X program (meals and workout) before I attended college. It was intense and I felt like it was a full-time job. I didn't like this. But I was really fit so I maintained and progressed. Then college began, and I have slowly descended into my heaviest weight I have ever been. It's really disheartening when your "big" clothes are starting to fit a little too snug.

Now that I am about 7 months away from my cruise, I am more motivated to reach my goal. I know I don't want to do any Beach Body type programs. Don't get me wrong, they are great tools. However I never really felt they worked for me. I hated each workout, and I don't think I should have this mentality if I am going to stick to a program.

I found the picture below online. It looked easy enough, and you only need to do three reps each day. However I knew, before even trying it out, the workout was going to be a challenge for me. I haven't worked out in some time, I have virtually no cardio endurance to speak of, and I'm just plain out of shape. Today was my first day of trying it. It really did a number on me. I was sweating and sore before I knew it. So for those who are in the same boat as I am right now, check it out and let me know what you think. If those of you have other exercises like the one below, post for me. I will need to change it up soon :D

WorkoutPlan_zps94e91a9f.jpg

3 reps?! I have been doing this for about a week and a half now and I can hardly get through the workout because my muscles are so sore (a good thing). WOW! I never saw the "3 rep" thing. I do it on top of other cardio, but still! You've ruined it for me now. :D I found these on pinterist and loved them. Seemed easy enough, I was wrong! Good luck! The lunges are what got to me.

I threw in the 3 rep cycle because it seemed like it was supposed to be this way. Maybe I'm in overkill mode D: I think I found this on Pinterest too. I really like these! I don't know what it is, but they seem less stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks to intense to me to keep up with, your body will start to pay for it. I would suggest the Kinobody program, its a good common sense that does not overtax the body, I'm almost 49 and had to give up a program similar to the one posted because it was taxing my joints to much. With the one i mentioned I am still making strength gains and maintaining low BF. I don't work for K just use his programs.

I pinned this on Pinterest, too, even though I haven't tried it yet. Other than dancing a couple of times a week, I don't exercise, but I have got to start.

I'm a Pinterest addict.

Some of my favorite recipes I cook I found there.

And I still get sore . I've limited my workout to two reps each day; three reps were just too much. I'm glad to say I've been sticking with it :D

Here is another one I'm going try starting next week:

beyonce-butt-workout.jpg

I'm probably going to hate and love it at the same time :)