Question about shore excursion in Cabo

LYNNF

Has anyone done the Celebrity shore excursion, Salsa, Salsa, Margarita in Cabo San Lucas? Would be very interested in opinions. Was there time to go to the beach while there?

Thanks

Has anyone done the Celebrity shore excursion, Salsa, Salsa, Margarita in Cabo San Lucas? Would be very interested in opinions. Was there time to go to the beach while there?

Thanks

We did this excursion about a year ago on Carnival. It was a lot of fun.

They bussed us to the Hotel Finnestera across from the tender dock.

They had a room set up overlooking the ocean. The tables were set for 8 in groups of two to make the salsa's. There were 6 or 7 salsa's you made and they had chips and cheese quesadilla's to eat.

They had free flowing margarita's or hibiscus tea. Then they cleared the room and had the dancing class. That was so much fun!

It was a nice excursion and I'm glad we tried it but I thought it was a little overpriced for what it was.

With so many salsa's you made, it was a bit time consuming and I felt bored after about the 5th one. We didn't have time for the beach.

I would recommend this excursion though.

Thanks

We have done the Salsa and Salsa, and it was a lot of fun, but a bit spendy. We took part in it when we had lots of time and had been to Cabo several times.

My opinion? Grab a water taxi at the cruise docks and view Pelican Rock, Lover's Beach, the sea lions, and Divorce Beach. The water taxi will have food for you to feed the fish (the fish will actually climb up into your hands for the food.)

Rather than have the water taxi drop you off at the Marina, ask them to take you to Medano Beach (my suggestion is Tabascos....(far less "college crowd"). You'll have to jump out in knee deep water, but that too, adds to the adventure. Then have a great time playing in the ocean and enjoying cheap (and really good) beverages and food. When the time comes to head back to the ship, wander out to the parking lot, and grab a land cab back to the Marina, that way you will be afforded a view of Cabo that you might otherwise miss. The water taxi should be no more than $12US per person (one of the best bargains in Cabo IMHO). The land cab should be $12-14 total for 2 - 6 people. Have a great time, we love Cabo!

• 3 weeks later...

My opinion? Grab a water taxi at the cruise docks and view Pelican Rock, Lover's Beach, the sea lions, and Divorce Beach. The water taxi will have food for you to feed the fish (the fish will actually climb up into your hands for the food.)

Rather than have the water taxi drop you off at the Marina, ask them to take you to Medano Beach (my suggestion is Tabascos....(far less "college crowd"). You'll have to jump out in knee deep water, but that too, adds to the adventure. Then have a great time playing in the ocean and enjoying cheap (and really good) beverages and food. When the time comes to head back to the ship, wander out to the parking lot, and grab a land cab back to the Marina, that way you will be afforded a view of Cabo that you might otherwise miss. The water taxi should be no more than $12US per person (one of the best bargains in Cabo IMHO). The land cab should be $12-14 total for 2 - 6 people. Have a great time, we love Cabo!

Thank you for posting this advice. My wife and I are going to be visiting Cabo for the first time this coming January and were considering the Salsa and Salsa excursion (with Princess) but this suggestion sounds like a great day in the making.