Chops Menu on Allure

• 4 weeks later...
We are sailing on the Allure 8/31/14 . We love Chops! I hope it hasn't changed too much. A little change is always good but not too much. LOL

Based on what's been posted on other threads it's changed quite a bit:( We usually dine at Chops twice on a 7 night cruise and have already decided to go only once.

Edited by bouhunter

We are sailing on the Allure 8/31/14 . We love Chops! I hope it hasn't changed too much. A little change is always good but not too much. LOL

New Chops menu attached to this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42678037&postcount=21

Edited by clarea

Based on what's been posted on other threads it's changed quite a bit:(

Honestly, I was just looking at the new menu, and I think the negative reviews might be a bit of a premature over reaction. People are generally not comfortable with change. And when it came as a surprise to those to get the first experience with it, they probably walked in looking forward to very specific dishes and were a little let down to open the menu and discover things had changed. But going in knowing this, I think it should be great. Let's face it, after so many years, good or not, the menu was getting a bit tired.

I just looked at the new menu, and I think it looks fantastic!

I know there are those up in arms about the two premium steaks at an upsell. But I was very disappointed with the old porterhouse option. I thought it was thin and lacked flavor, clearly having been frozen. If they can actually plate a quality dry aged porterhouse, that's definitely worth another $20 to me. If someone objects on principle, they still have the 12 oz sirloin, which has always been quite good.

Honestly, I was just looking at the new menu, and I think the negative reviews might be a bit of a premature over reaction. People are generally not comfortable with change. And when it came as a surprise to those to get the first experience with it, they probably walked in looking forward to very specific dishes and were a little let down to open the menu and discover things had changed. But going in knowing this, I think it should be great. Let's face it, after so many years, good or not, the menu was getting a bit tired.

I just looked at the new menu, and I think it looks fantastic!

I know there are those up in arms about the two premium steaks at an upsell. But I was very disappointed with the old porterhouse option. I thought it was thin and lacked flavor, clearly having been frozen. If they can actually plate a quality dry aged porterhouse, that's definitely worth another $20 to me. If someone objects on principle, they still have the 12 oz sirloin, which has always been quite good.

When the first iteration of the new Chops menu came out, it was different that what it is now. They had removed the baked potato and the choice of steaks without additional cost beyond the cover was less than it is now. That version probably contributed most to the complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Chops on the most recent Allure sailing and thought it was very good. People were in quite an uproar about the changes especially with the missing baked potato and other menu items. We decided to have the filet mignon in Giovanni's table and it was excellent.People had been complaining about that too. Our waiter,(spelling way off) Me-hi suggested it. In Chops we opted for the short ribs which were excellent and came on a bed of sauteed spinach. I wish our waiter had informed us of that because we also ordered 2 sides of the same spinach and mushroom! We had to try the tater tots which were good (they needed a bit of extra flavor). We also had the salad with goat cheese and no dessert. Overall the meal was very good and don't worry about what others have stated. I couldn't care less about a potato because I never order one at home.