Specialty Dining Packages..sooo many questions!

lvnthdrm

I've been searching these boards to try and have an understanding of these packages, after awhile it all becomes a bit of a muddle.:confused: We are thinking of booking the 5 Dinners Specialty Package, do I need to know on which date and time I'd like which restaurant. Can I choose 5 different restaurants or do some double up.

If I book online I guess I pay with CC, but if I wait until we are at the Port then I can use OBC, but run the risk of the restaurants being booked out. Is that correct.

We are 4 couples sailing the Med next year under separate bookings, and naturally want to dine together, to link up our restaurants, is the easiest way to do it at the Port too. Thanking you in advance.;)

Love this forum.

We are going on the Silhouette and have a 5 dinner package booked online. We have 2 dinners in Tuscan, 1 each in Murano, Qsine, and Lawn Club. We had to choose a time for the first meal for either the first or second night, in Tuscan, the rest we book when we arrive onboard. The discount is reasonable if booked in advance, and is better recently since the cost of dining in speciality restaurants has increased, but the packages have not. I believe that there is only one slot for each time when booking like this which would make it impossible for you to all book the same time in the same restaurant - although you maybe able to change the bookings once onboard.

If you wait til you get onboard, you can pay with your obc. I believe that there are very often discounts offered for the first night, but there is no guarantee that this will be available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would also forewarn you that even if you go to book your remaining reservations when you board (which you must do for all but the first), you may find that the dates and times you want are already taken. I would think this would be especially true for larger parties. We did the five dinner package a couple years ago, boarded early (meaning, soon after allowed) and went directly to book our restaurants. There were only two of us, and we had a heck of a time getting times other than 6:00 or 8:30 or later as they were already so booked up. We loved the package, and loved the discounts, but hate how restricted we were with times.

I have no idea if this is normally the case, and can't say for certain that booking for two is easier or harder than for groups (perhaps it is in fact harder) but just wanted to forewarn you in case times of dining really matter to you. It was my one and only complaint with this offer.

I've been searching these boards to try and have an understanding of these packages, after awhile it all becomes a bit of a muddle.:confused: We are thinking of booking the 5 Dinners Specialty Package, do I need to know on which date and time I'd like which restaurant. Can I choose 5 different restaurants or do some double up.

If I book online I guess I pay with CC, but if I wait until we are at the Port then I can use OBC, but run the risk of the restaurants being booked out. Is that correct.

We are 4 couples sailing the Med next year under separate bookings, and naturally want to dine together, to link up our restaurants, is the easiest way to do it at the Port too. Thanking you in advance.;)

Love this forum.

We did the 3 speciality package (Tuscan, Murano & Qsine) on the Eclipse last year. Loved all 3. Qsine is very quirky and you will benefit from having more people dining together as you can order lots of different dishes and won't feel restricted. The other two are very nice and just make a change from the MDR