Buying case of bottled water/coke in Boston

Pockymuncher

Hi,

In October I'm arriving at BOS on a flight and was wondering if there was anything near the Black Falcon terminal that sells cases of water and cases of pop? NCL only serves Pepsi and I like my coke.

I was thinking of taking the silver line to save money. It said something about having to change buses near the world trade center thing. Is there anything around there like a grocery store?

Thanks

How difficult would it be to hail a cab from there? I checked online and the fare would be $6-7 which is acceptable.

Also what does "Luggage that can fit into Taxi Storage is not charged." Does that mean if my luggage can fit in the trunk there is no charge? Or it means only if it fits into the seats

Not sure when your flight arrives in BOS, but if it's late morning or close to noon, go directly to Black Falcon, drop the large pieces of luggage at the pier and then head to the convenience store. Maybe one person could stay at the pier with the carry-on pieces, and the other walk the 10-15 minutes to the trade center or both go via cab. Then take a cab back to the ship and board together. The Seaport Hotel is directly across the street for the trade center, so lots of cabs in the area. Plus there are numerous restaurants & shops on Seaport Blvd, not an isolated spot, so cabs are plentiful.

Cab fees for luggage - just a guess, but the large pieces will probably increase the cost of any trip - that's why I suggested dropping off the big cases and keeping the important small carry-ons with you.

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

The Silver Line is free from the airport. With luggage it is much easier to get on at the rear set of doors. Porter flies into terminal E, which is the last stop for the Silver Line before heading back to South Station. To transfer to go to Black Falcon, you go to the second World Trade Center Stop, which is an indoor station. If you get off at the World Trade Center outside street stop, you will have to pay another fare. Tell the driver you want the indoor station stop - if there is no one waiting in the station, the driver will skip it. You cross over to the platform in the other direction (the are escalators and elevators) and take the SL2 bus to Black Falcon.

Currently it's free and has been for some time. The Silver Line was built as an additional public transit method to connect South Station to the airport and provide public transit options for the new Courthouse and new office buildings in the waterfront area.

When the Silver Line first opened, they collected fares at the airport, but it was a real problem. The bus has a front and rear door. Folks with luggage would get on the front and then try to come up with the exact change for the driver. Folks with luggage would get on the back door and the driver would attempt to collect fares by passing money up and down an already crowded bus. The bus makes five stops at Logan terminals, so the whole process could be agonizing if you got on at terminal A.

So somebody decided that if no fares were collected at Logan, the Silver Line service would be speeded up dramatically and they were right. I don't see them charging again any time soon.

If you want to go to Black Falcon, it is free if you make your transfer at the indoor World Trade Center Station. If you get off at the outside street WTC stop or Silver Line Way, you will have to pay a fare to transfer.

I use the Silver Line as much as possible to go to and from Logan. If I arrive on a flight, I can call my husband when I'm actually ready to go. He drives to the Alewife Station on the Red Line and I take the Silver Line and Red Line and we get to Alewife at about the same time.

Edited by 138east