Bringing back beer from Ports

Morgsmom

Ok, this is a dumb question, but on Princess I have never had any issue bringing back a 6 pack of Sol from Cozumel back on the ship...

Anyone have any personal experience bringing back a 6 pack from a port of call? And I have no desire to smuggle or go through extraordinary lengths to evade... Just put in my beach bag and have it scanned.

On our Dream cruise in 2010, we brought back a 6-pack from Cozumel and 12 Beliken beers from Belize...mentioned to security that we had them and they waved us through.

Fast forward to Liberty in 2012, brought back a 6-pack in Cayman. Security checked it and let us through.

YMMV since my last cruise was in 2012...however, my experience has been positive and it seems that honesty and a smile work best!

We saw it done on our cruise in may by a fellow CC member. No problem getting a case to bring on the ship. I do not remember if they had to turn it into the check in table or not, but they did take it home.

Not beer, but I bought a box of Gasolina at San Juan. These are like juice pouches, but with a kick. ;) just went thru security with no questions asked. I had no intention of drinking them on the ship. I have been enjoying them this summer. :D

Last time we were in Jamaica my husband bought a case of Red Stripe and brought it back on the ship (Magic). After we went through security we had to turn it in at the liquor table and they brought it to our cabin on our last night. He didn't purchase it to drink on the ship so we had no problem with it. The Red Stripe they sell in the US is made in Pennsylvania I believe and he wanted the authentic Red Stripe that is made in Jamaica. He rationed those bottles for almost a year!