Caribbean Princess

cruisincorgi

Call me worried. Hello. My wife, my daughter and I will be sailing the Caribbean Princess in August to the Western Caribbean. We sailed her once before in 2008 and had a lovely time. I am not one to complain much, and I try to keep my expectations real, but the reviews I have read have honestly concerned me. Has anyone been on this ship recently who had a positive experience? If so, I surely could use some encouraging words. Thank you.

Call me worried. Hello. My wife, my daughter and I will be sailing the Caribbean Princess in August to the Western Caribbean. We sailed her once before in 2008 and had a lovely time. I am not one to complain much, and I try to keep my expectations real, but the reviews I have read have honestly concerned me. Has anyone been on this ship recently who had a positive experience? If so, I surely could use some encouraging words. Thank you.

There have been quite a few and very recent threads on this topic, all from people who had a positive experience on the CB. It may be worthwhile to do a search, and to remember to take reviews here with several grains of salt. While the majority here don't fit the bill, there are a good number of cruisers who have a very grand sense of entitlement and will consider their cruise a disaster for the most minor "infraction".

Set your expectations reasonably and you will have a great time on a great ship. :)

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in June this was my 3rd Princess cruise and her second. We found nothing to complain about. Food and service were great. And since were both movie buffs we had a good time watching and the movies they showed in the theater.

Edited by afd524

Thanks all for the prompt responses and positive words. I am looking forward to our cruise. I do agree that it is important to keep one's expectations real. I will look through some of Caribbean Princess' threads for the positive reviews.

DH and I were on her last month to the Eastern Caribbean. We had a super time. We loved everything from the food to the entertainment to our lovely balcony stateroom. Our cruise arrived back in Ft. Lauderdale early at 1 am on Saturday morning to allow some repairs to be done, however, this did not impact our night in the least.

We would not hesitate to book another cruise on the CB.

Scroll through these threads there's one Caribbean princes 5*. As everyone says reviews are subject to their writer. Make your own opinions and enjoy your cruise it will be fine. :)

The wife and I were going to go on a cruise on May 31st out of Ft. Lauderdale, but kept seeing poor reviews about the boat and the norovirus. Instead, we cancelled and went on NCL Getaway.

It was ok, but I like the Princess line better, and sounds like no one had complaints about the Princess cruise that went out that same week the NCL trip did.

Go for the Princess!

We were on CB in February and had a great time. We had a mini suite on the dolphin deck and the room was immaculate. The steward was attentive and unobtrusive. I felt the food in all venues was good to very good. The Crown Grill was excellent and we dined there twice. We enjoyed the entertainment and met really nice people onboard.

I've been on the Caribbean Princess 3 times now, most recently April of this year right before the dry dock. Although there some minor wear and tear in hallway carpeting, and some areas like Skywalker's are looking a bit dated in design, she was in great shape. I, along with my cruise buddies, are booked on her again for Labor Day weekend. I wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to sail on her again. Don't worry and enjoy your cruise when you get onboard. You really have nothing to worry about, IMHO.

Yes the ship is dated but we were on in May and had a great time...usual excellent Princess food, entertainment, and service! The ship, like the Celebrity M Class have been sailing for 10 +- years and no matter how many dry docks, thousands of people take a toll...but it should not ruin your cruise~~~~~

I'll be on the CB the first week of August and doing a live thread that week. It's going on the eastern itinerary that week. A lot of folks on our roll call are doing back-to-back cruises with the western itinerary (and a few are doing back-to-back starting the week before).

Thousands sail on an individual cruise ship each and every week. A handful complain each week. This number is way less than 1 percent! I will never understand why people panic over these reviews!

My feeling is that many people (subconsciously) don't like the CB based primarily on her name and her often seasonal 7-day(or less) vanilla itineraries. If she were called something like the Pearl Princess or the Opal Princess, and she moved around more, she would be just as liked as any of the other 'Grand-Class' Princess ships.

Just my guess and I'm sticking to it.

My feeling is that many people (subconsciously) don't like the CB based primarily on her name and her often seasonal 7-day(or less) vanilla itineraries. If she were called something like the Pearl Princess or the Opal Princess, and she moved around more, she would be just as liked as any of the other 'Grand-Class' Princess ships.

Just my guess and I'm sticking to it.

I agree...it seems to cheapen the ship when they do 4 and 5 day cruises...maybe the wrong element aboard (just kidding for all the flamers out there)...

Remember the tiniest minority of cruise passengers even look at Cruise Critic let alone post reviews. I am sure you will have a great time but it always pays to bring problems up with the relevent people on board and hopefully get a resolution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cruisincorgi,

We are sailing on the CB on Saturday, and we also had the same concerns about the reviews we have been seeing.

However, here is a very positive review from someone currently on the ship:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2070143

I'm sure we will all enjoy our time on the CB. :)

See you Saturday!

I agree...it seems to cheapen the ship when they do 4 and 5 day cruises...maybe the wrong element aboard (just kidding for all the flamers out there)...

I had the same thought myself...

Just got back - had a wonderful cruise! No complaints at all. :D