Canadian Currency Exchange?

brennan5!

Funny question for this board, and I could not find the answer when I searched.

Does anyone know if I can exchange Canadian currency while on board the Dawn? I'm sailing from Boston to Bermuda and my son has about 30 Canadian that I haven't been able to exchange locally. I was thinking that perhaps we could either exchange this or use this Canadian money towards our shipboard account. I know it's not much, but it is something and I'd hate to just get rid of it because I can't convert it.

thanks in advance

now back to regular programming....

brennan5!

I am sure you have Canadians on your roll call...

Ask one of them to exchange it,

If you go to your M&G, it could be a good opportunity....

If not, you could book the Dawn again on October 24th, I will be on that one and I will help you with this ;):p

Have fun !

At least in European itineraries where euros are actually used in most ports, one can exchange currency onboard but NCL takes fixed $10 fee for all transactions - even when breaking bills to smaller ones. As ship's currency on all NCL ships is USD, one can't deposit any other currencies to their onboard account without the fee either.

Funny question for this board, and I could not find the answer when I searched.

Does anyone know if I can exchange Canadian currency while on board the Dawn? I'm sailing from Boston to Bermuda and my son has about 30 Canadian that I haven't been able to exchange locally. I was thinking that perhaps we could either exchange this or use this Canadian money towards our shipboard account. I know it's not much, but it is something and I'd hate to just get rid of it because I can't convert it.

thanks in advance

now back to regular programming....

brennan5!

Yes you can probably exchange it on board. They will give the NCL rate of exchange of the day which won't be as favourable as you would get at your local fx exchanger. Then again the amount is too little to worry about the exhange rate you will get on board.

good luck

At least in European itineraries where euros are actually used in most ports, one can exchange currency onboard but NCL takes fixed $10 fee for all transactions - even when breaking bills to smaller ones. As ship's currency on all NCL ships is USD, one can't deposit any other currencies to their onboard account without the fee either.

oops yes i forgot the $10 fee. so not worth it. using it for tipping may be an alternative