seems carnival is doing things right.

[quote name=sc4125;43439599

For those of us who kind of make the best of things - I'm thrilled to be going on the Breeze in a few weeks and enjoying the 2.0 features. I'm in my late 50's and I am more than satisfied with Carnival. They meet my needs as I'm really not into going to the production shows' date=' and I've enjoyed the small bands on my last two cruises.

I don't think Carnival pretends to be anything that it isn't. I think that those who are no longer happy with the company will (and should) look at other lines - be willing to pay a little more for what you want. But, I don't think you need to blast CCL at every turn for not meeting your needs.[/quote]

Interesting points. I agree with your comments (bet that makes you all that much better lol:D). Can I ask what you for Carnival way back when?

I'm 100% with you on this. I worked on the Carnival ships back in the 80's - were things different? They were in some ways - more entertainers onboard, more live bands, huge midnight buffets, better quality of food - but, check out the price you paid for those cruises (probably double the price of cruising now). And for those who want to go back to those days - as you grow away from Carnival, you'd probably be happier on the "luxury" cruise lines.

For those of us who kind of make the best of things - I'm thrilled to be going on the Breeze in a few weeks and enjoying the 2.0 features. I'm in my late 50's and I am more than satisfied with Carnival. They meet my needs as I'm really not into going to the production shows, and I've enjoyed the small bands on my last two cruises.

I don't think Carnival pretends to be anything that it isn't. I think that those who are no longer happy with the company will (and should) look at other lines - be willing to pay a little more for what you want. But, I don't think you need to blast CCL at every turn for not meeting your needs.

Exactly.

Very good point. I agree. Those who are newer to Carnival and cruising don't realize how different things were even 2-3 years ago. Some of US middle aged folk, miss "what was" and find it hard to appreciate "what is". That is because some of us find "what is", no longer meets our expectations. In our case we have pretty much moved on. Not all mass market cruise lines have lost their customer focused model like CCL has.

And some of US middle aged folk have no problem accepting "what is" because it does meet our expectations for the price paid :rolleyes:. I don't think CCL has lost its customer focus at all....some people have just moved out of their target market;).

And some of US middle aged folk have no problem accepting "what is" because it does meet our expectations for the price paid :rolleyes:. I don't think CCL has lost its customer focus at all....some people have just moved out of their target market;).

Agreed. I've been cruising since '86, I'm 50 years old, and I've been thrilled with my recent Carnival cruises. Yes, I remember "what was", but I also remember paying a heck of a lot more.

I will suffer through not having a midnight buffet (no problem finding food at midnight), the MDR food is just fine (for what I paid), I avoid the DJ like the plague (it's a big ship), and I've never been a production show kinda guy. Any shortcomings are more than overshadowed by the tremendous value I feel I get.

Agree with the general sentiment, are there better cruise lines? Yes, DCL is incredible, and I'm glad I experienced it, but for the price Carnival delivers a very good product with consistently excellent customer service in all areas IMO.