Yacht Club

I&J Cruisers

Hello all. Been doing my research for our January 2015 sailing. With all the new ships coming online its getting harder to choose (we like to try new ships). A friend told me about MSC Divina. We just got off NCL Getaway, stayed in The Haven. Looks like the one major difference between Yacht Club and Haven is that most beverages are included in your cruise price in The Yacht Club. Don't spend much time in our suite so the extra space isn't a deal breaker. Would love some input from cruiser's that have sailed both. Thanks :)

Miataman19,,We've never sailed with NCL so I'm sorry I can't compare the two.

We love the Yacht Club aboard Divina,,,,great food, incredible service,,all inclusive drinks and mini bar within any Yacht Club venue,,and the entertainment is spectacular. Here are a few links to introduce you to Divina:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC-Yacht-Club/Overview.aspx

http://mscpodcast.msccruises.com/Podcast/VirtualTourFantasia/us_en/index.html?

http://mscpodcast.msccruises.com/Podcast/VirtualTourFantasia/us_en/index.html?sc=yc_royalsuite

http://mscpodcast.msccruises.com/Podcast/VirtualTourFantasia/us_en/index.html?sc=yc_deluxesuite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyIsC3PDok0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Mikesa1721

Have not done both yet Mia, but done the Haven on all our NCL sailings. I adore NCL Haven, the service is superb and although we had an 'iffy' service issue on last years Epic cruise we are still going on her next Sunday, we have made her our anniversary cruise. We saw the itinerary on Davina for next April and jumped at it, a transatlantic cruise, a first for us, a night in New York, YAY, love NY, drinks free in the yacht club area, a little Caribbean, and wayhay, a quarter of the price of the Haven on NCL. We managed to get really cheap flights to Miami from London and a silly price from Barca home I have sailed with MSC before and the entertainment was not for me, but I still had a good time, the price I paid was acceptable for what I got. Really looking forward to comparing the 2 cruise lines.

You're right about all the other additional costs, Ken. And the timing of that sailing is little more than 3 weeks after I get back from the Preziosa repo! Maybe I won't want to see the inside of another ship after 3 weeks of the Atlantic :eek:

Oh dear! Hope I didn't spoil it for you! Cold light of day and all! I missed a deal on my upcoming Preziosa cruise of flights, transfers and YC for €3k all in for both of us! Snoozed and lost! The search goes on! Ken:D

Oh dear! Hope I didn't spoil it for you! Cold light of day and all! I missed a deal on my upcoming Preziosa cruise of flights, transfers and YC for €3k all in for both of us! Snoozed and lost! The search goes on! Ken:D

No, you didn't spoil it - you actually gave me a wake-up call! That and the fact that it took 2 days for MSC to get back to my TA just to tell me that YC2/3 can only be booked for a minimum of 3 person occupancy (I had considered the YC3 due to the ridiculously low price on offer).

That miss of yours is a killer! I got the YC on my upcoming for a great price but we had just missed out on better priced flights so I've paid a little more than you've quoted.

There's always great deals to be had - just a matter of being vigilante. One of the places I keep a watch on is the rte aertel page 529 online - a particular TA advertises there on a regular basis and I watch for their offers. They've always been ahead of the posse with the MSC sale prices. It's an indicator for me of what's going on sale.

No, you didn't spoil it - you actually gave me a wake-up call! That and the fact that it took 2 days for MSC to get back to my TA just to tell me that YC2/3 can only be booked for a minimum of 3 person occupancy (I had considered the YC3 due to the ridiculously low price on offer).

That miss of yours is a killer! I got the YC on my upcoming for a great price but we had just missed out on better priced flights so I've paid a little more than you've quoted.

There's always great deals to be had - just a matter of being vigilante. One of the places I keep a watch on is the rte aertel page 529 online - a particular TA advertises there on a regular basis and I watch for their offers. They've always been ahead of the posse with the MSC sale prices. It's an indicator for me of what's going on sale.

We had a yc2 in January for just the 2 of us.

We have a yc3 for next March....again, just the 2 of us.

Hello all. Been doing my research for our January 2015 sailing. With all the new ships coming online its getting harder to choose (we like to try new ships). A friend told me about MSC Divina. We just got off NCL Getaway, stayed in The Haven. Looks like the one major difference between Yacht Club and Haven is that most beverages are included in your cruise price in The Yacht Club. Don't spend much time in our suite so the extra space isn't a deal breaker. Would love some input from cruiser's that have sailed both. Thanks :)

We have a yc3 for next March 7th. I just checked the prices & for a comparable Haven cabin on that date.....it would cost almost $1,000 more pp !

We had a yc2 in January for just the 2 of us.

We have a yc3 for next March....again, just the 2 of us.

That's what I just don't get - unless the policy is different for the US market and for Divina

My TA sent me a copy of the MSC reply:

Dear all,

Head office have advised it is only open for triple’s.

Hope this clarifies all,

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance.

Kind Regards

(I've edited out the name - I don't think it's relevant)

Call Centre Supervisor

One of the places I keep a watch on is the rte aertel page 529 online - a particular TA advertises there on a regular basis and I watch for their offers. They've always been ahead of the posse with the MSC sale prices. It's an indicator for me of what's going on sale.

Hi Bea. Can you still get Aertel on the Saorview service? We seemed to lose it after the switchover! Ken

Hi Bea. Can you still get Aertel on the Saorview service? We seemed to lose it after the switchover! Ken

I get it on the rte website. I actually have the link to the aertel 529 page saved in my favourites so I can access it quickly and easily (I hate the rte website itself)

Moved to another thread

I understand that your post was in response to the discussion on the "Clubcard" thread but it would have been relevant here, anyway ;) - I'm afraid the thread you moved it to had somehow got sidetracked by the subject of the Yacht Club :rolleyes:

Thanks. I'll have a look!

My parents have been big fans of the holiday pages on aertel.

On St Stephen's Day back in 2011 we were sitting back relaxing after what had been a busy Christmas Day. They decided to browse the pages when, lo and behold an offer for the Yacht Club came up for the following Feb on the Splendida - €1250 including flights. We'd only just done an 11 nighter on Fantasia (our first with MSC and their first cruise ever) a few weeks before so we spent the afternoon dreaming of what if.

We to'd and fro'd, we tried to convince ourselves that the offer would come around again the next year (as it happened, it didn't!) and we finally threw caution to the wind and rang the TA as soon as it opened for business to book it.

That was when we discovered we'd been bitten by the cruise bug :D:D:D:

That's also when I became a fan of Aertel Page 529 :rolleyes: