Milk and coffee questions

Hi! This is our first cruise and we are very excited! Just a couple of quick questions, we don't plan on buying the UBP bc we aren't big drinkers. My husband will bring a 12 pack for his rum and cokes and we will bring a few bottles of wine. That should do it for us. Our boys are 9 and 7, and they love milk and chocolate milk. Is this included or would we have to pay extra? I saw a thread with a link that said juices were available in the buffet, but nothing about milk for kids in the buffet or the MDR. Also, is coffee free in the MDR or just in the buffet? Thanks for your help.

By the coffee areas in the buffet there are also hot chocolate packets if you wish to mix up some. Orange juice is available during breakfast hours only. The flavored drink during the rest of the day is a flavored water in 3 or 4 different flavors. Actually, those drinks are refreshing and not bad at all.

There is always chocolate and white milk at the kids buffet at breakfast, but on some ships, it can be hit and miss at other times of day, so when I have my chocolate milk only nephew with me, he grabs a couple in the morning and puts them in the fridge in the cabin... you'll quickly figure this out on your ship, but you might want to think about that the first morning...

The proper use of the morning glasses of orange juice!

Roger that!

We have also just asked a buffet worker for Choc & White milk, if not out, and they have gladly fetched some for us. Service+

Edited by silvercrikhix

No problems with the milk. But are you aware that there is a $15 corkage fee per bottle of wine? We bring wine onboard also and find that even with the corkage fee it's well worth it to have the wines we enjoy.

As for the rum, no hard liquor can be brought aboard. Legally, that is.

We always get our milk in 8oz carton at the breakfast because we can almost never find them later in the day. We put them in the fridge and enjoy with the delicious cookies from the late night buffet :p

Does anyone know if they have half & half available to use in my coffee?

Yes. The drinks station with the coffee has milk and half & half. Usually at the buffet it is in a "cow", a refrigerated steel cabinet that dispenses the stuff at the bottom. If you get coffee at a restaurant or via room service, they'll bring you tiny containers of it.

There is always chocolate and white milk at the kids buffet at breakfast, but on some ships, it can be hit and miss at other times of day, so when I have my chocolate milk only nephew with me, he grabs a couple in the morning and puts them in the fridge in the cabin... you'll quickly figure this out on your ship, but you might want to think about that the first morning...

Yes, do this, get the chocolate milk and save it for later. On our trip last week they ran out of chocolate milk on Thursday. My DD was very disappointed. However we were able to make hot chocolate.