Travel Insurance for Italian Citizens/Residents?

Hi,

We'll be taking a cruise next year with some dear friends who are Italian citizens and also full-time residents in Italy.

They've asked us to organize most of the trip, as we've got the time (and we love planning travel) and they don't, so it's a win/win :)

The one thing we can't do 'here' (in the USA) is to get information about travel insurance. Every vendor we know of can only issue policies for US citizens.

Is there anyone in Italy (or perhaps elsewhere in the EU if that's the insurance rules allow that) have any contact information for insurance brokers who handle several different insurance companies who can issue policies for them?

I'd like to get the preliminary information if possible, and then let them make the decision and purchase coverage if they want it.

Many thanks.

GeezerCouple

That's very kind of you. If it were me, I'd tell them that I'll organize and plan other parts of the trip but that they need to research and buy their trip insurance. I wouldn't want to be responsible for something that important since they have different companies, policies, rules, etc.

That's very kind of you. If it were me, I'd tell them that I'll organize and plan other parts of the trip but that they need to research and buy their trip insurance. I wouldn't want to be responsible for something that important since they have different companies, policies, rules, etc.

Right.

I'm thoroughly enjoying planning everything, a lot!

Plus our own separate travels.

But to the extent that I can locate something like "TripInsuranceStore.com" for Italy/EU citizens/residents, I'd like to save them some of that time, and also screen a few policies that would be what they want.

(We've know each other for just over 50 years now, since school days, so we really understand much of what they'd want. But yes, they'd need to make any final decisions, and, of course, actually purchase the policy.)

They've asked us to do this, so we are happy to help.

Thanks.

GeezerCouple