Booking Air with Carnival

SleevesEnd

They had better be seating you in first class for the difference!!!! We try to fly in a day or two ahead and set up air on our own to get non-stop flights. The one and only time we used their flyaweigh program we had a flight home that had 2 stops before our destination - I call and complained and finally got it down to 1 stop, but I would rather DIY.

On my 7-3-05 sailing on the Miracle I learned that alot of people would have rather booked air through Carnival. We got delayed quite a bit and they offered people that book through them a hotel and some cash and they called to change your flights and covered yor $50 fee for changing it.

If you do book air with Carnival, be sure and call the airline to get seat assignments on your own. We booked through Carnival, called the airline, secured seat assignments, and rechecked them two weeks before cruising. Guess what--US Air had NO seat assignments for us and was only able to insure that two out of three members of our family had seats!:( We ended up going to the airport when it opened at 5:00 AM to make sure DH had a seat assignment in one of the exit rows. Anyway, make sure you get comfirmed seat assignments. Then check and recheck with your airline to make sure!

Does anyone know why when I look at the cruise and air prices at carnival.com my cat. 11 air is over $1,100pp but air with cat. 8 and under is just over $800pp?

Was some other portion of the total cost adjusted accordingly (e.g. the cruise fare, port charges, etc.)? I've found that they seem to play games between web site cost allocations and the actual allocation when you get your booking. For example, on our upcoming Conquest cruise, the web site quoted a price for cruise and a price for port charges but when we made the booking through our TA, the port charges went way up the but cruise price went down a corresponding amount.

I've noticed that too. If you check fares on Carnival's site you will see one amount for port charges/fees - I booked elsewhere and the fare was lower but the port charges higher. They make it up somewhere!!!! There should be a site that posts port fees but I guess that depends on the number of people aboard??? - does anyone know how the cruiseline is charged for these things??

Archived