Is anyone having trouble booking select dining times on the website?

OnTheJourney

Hi,

I can enter number of guests, dates and times, but then when I get to final screen where it would actually book all the info I've entered, all I get is an error notice that says something about "inventory not available". I suppose I'll have to call them to do it.

Also, we got free gratuities as part of a promotional deal they were running and I have select dining. A family member who also travels with Celebrity told me that she got free gratuities through her travel agent but was told that she had to select traditional dining. Are the rules different if Celebrity is offering the free gratuities? Perhaps I had better check on this to make sure when I call them.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Keith

Keith you're one step ahead of me! I couldn't even find where to book Select Dining- just lots of references to what it was but no links or anything. I'm quite computer literate (or so I thought). Horrible website.

I just booked my select dining. I entered all the Guest, Time, Location data and proceded to a page where I checked the Checkout button.

I received an error notice that my credit card information was not accepted (the prior page said there was not credit card information needed)...

I left the page, Logged back in, went to my reservation, checked order status and there they were, all seven...

SO, event though you are getting an error right at the end, you might be getting the reservations made...

Dennis & Sue

Post Script, I just now received a confirmation email...

myticker.jpg

Edited by SC_Floaters

I've been having problems also. I tried to book for 4 and was able to put all the info in and then got an error message that said that I could not book more than 32 reservations -- it's a 14 night cruise. I gave up and will ask my Celebrity travel planner to make the reservations.

I was actually trying to book a cruise on line through the Celebrity web-site this morning and every time I would try to add the second guest to the booking even after hitting save and continue the second guest would not be there.

Finally called and TA and booked through them. The web-site is very frustrating.

Several months ago I was able to book my dining times for our September 20 cruise. However, I recently tried to edit my selected times, and the links seem to be gone. Only thing I can think of is that all times are now booked and X won't let you make any changes. I did call X and they were able to e-mail me a list of my times as I couldn't even access that.

I've been having problems also. I tried to book for 4 and was able to put all the info in and then got an error message that said that I could not book more than 32 reservations -- it's a 14 night cruise. I gave up and will ask my Celebrity travel planner to make the reservations.
Well, I finally have figured out how to make reservations for 4. I made reservations for 2 and now I'm having to go into each of the 14 reservations and adding the other 2 guests. Very time-consuming!

Always managed to book select dining times for previous cruises, even though it took forever to do:(

Given up this time, cannot even find the link to book them:confused::mad:

Oh well will have to book when we board:(

Marion

...they hid the link I was able to make Select Dining reservations. I did this about a week ago for our 7/25 Solstice sailing.

Sure hope I don't have to change them because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to find the page again.

Hi,

I can enter number of guests, dates and times, but then when I get to final screen where it would actually book all the info I've entered, all I get is an error notice that says something about "inventory not available". I suppose I'll have to call them to do it.

Also, we got free gratuities as part of a promotional deal they were running and I have select dining. A family member who also travels with Celebrity told me that she got free gratuities through her travel agent but was told that she had to select traditional dining. Are the rules different if Celebrity is offering the free gratuities? Perhaps I had better check on this to make sure when I call them.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Keith

This post reminded to do that! I did it now with no issue.

It's not easy to find. This is how I did it: go to your Pre-Cruise Planner, Dining & Beverage Tab, Click on Celebrity Select Dining, add to cart. Then, you can start making your reservations. To modify your reservations (this was the only way I could make reservations for 4 for 14 nights), go to My Cruise Summary. On right hand side of screen, go to Order History under View Cruise Planner Orders. It will show all of your Select Dining Reservations and you will be able to modify if need be.

..that the email confirmation from Celebrity came with the ultra descriptive subject line of "Product Summary" and included direct links for specialty dining reservations, shore excursion reservations, spa treatment reservations, beverage package reservations and gift beverage package reservations.

Sadly it did not include a link to the page for revising the Select dining reservations.

heh...:)

Thanks to all who replied. I've heard from friends of mine who have cruised with both Celebrity and RCCL that they also have experienced problems with the Celebrity website. Guess I'll try one more time and then if it doesn't work I'll call them.

It's not easy to find. This is how I did it: go to your Pre-Cruise Planner, Dining & Beverage Tab, Click on Celebrity Select Dining, add to cart. Then, you can start making your reservations. To modify your reservations (this was the only way I could make reservations for 4 for 14 nights), go to My Cruise Summary. On right hand side of screen, go to Order History under View Cruise Planner Orders. It will show all of your Select Dining Reservations and you will be able to modify if need be.

Thank you very easy to do following your instructions and quick, much easier than last year!!!

Hi,

Thanks for any thoughts.

Keith

The issue with your family member is a bit complicated. When you book Select Dining (on Celebrity) the cruise line requires you to pre-pay your gratuities in advance and it is immediately added to your cruise price. But when a TA offers to pay your gratuities (a pretty common perk) they do not want to pay your gratuities in advance since the TA does not actually get their commission until after you cruise. Simply said, the TA does not want to lay-out their own money months before you cruise, and run the risk of losing their own money if you cancel the cruise.

So some agencies will tell you that they can only do pre-paid gratuities if you book Traditional. They then cover your gratuities during your cruise and they do not have to use their own funds in advance. We know an agency who will still tell you it OK to book Select, but then you will have to wait until after your cruise when they will send a check equal to the gratuities. Another option is to book Traditional, and then ask the Maitre'd to change it to Select once you are aboard. The change is normally not a problem since the Concierge would see on your booking info that gratuities are paid.

Hank

Hank,

Thanks for that explanation about how it works with a TA covering the gratuities. Interesting. As to booking dining times on the website, I give up. I tried it again tonight with the same 'error' result. I'll definitely have to call them.

Keith