Cruise price

yes as long as it isnt a gty category you can get price drops up until final payment

Actually, it's till final payment "date". If you pay it off early, you'd still get price drops till the actual final payment date.

If you don't have the early saver rate and have already passed the final payment date, you will not get OBC for any price reductions. I know from experience! I booked my first cruise on July 10, one day before the final payment date so I paid in full. Four days later the price of my category went down $600! I couldn't believe it! I called my travel agent twice as well as Carnival twice, and every time was told that I was out of luck, I couldn't even get partial OBC. It has made me sick to know that if I just waited 4 days I would have saved $600 and has really put a damper on my excitement. I know once I get on the ship I will enjoy it, but I seriously doubt that I will cruise with Carnival again. I have learned a lot from this first time!

If you don't have the early saver rate and have already passed the final payment date, you will not get OBC for any price reductions. I know from experience! I booked my first cruise on July 10, one day before the final payment date so I paid in full. Four days later the price of my category went down $600! I couldn't believe it! I called my travel agent twice as well as Carnival twice, and every time was told that I was out of luck, I couldn't even get partial OBC. It has made me sick to know that if I just waited 4 days I would have saved $600 and has really put a damper on my excitement. I know once I get on the ship I will enjoy it, but I seriously doubt that I will cruise with Carnival again. I have learned a lot from this first time!

Why won't you book with carnival again? Because of their policy?

All other lines have the same policy.

You could have possibly gotten an upgrade to a higher category though.

Bill

The early saver rate must be why you got the OBC. The original post questioned without the early saver rate which is why I wanted to make sure that they understood the consequences after the final payment date. I have been disappointed with Carnival's response because in talking with others and my travel agent, Carnival is one of the few lines that is so strict about no compensation, not even partial for such a dramatic price increase 4 days after booking. But as I mentioned, I learned my lesson the hard way!

Is there any way that you can see your on board credits that have been applied against your account online or do you have to wait until you board the ship? I was supposed to receive a $75 OBC from the travel agent when I booked, but would like to confirm that it has been applied before I leave.

On most fares you can get price drops up until final payment date. Usually 75 days out, but they have run specials where it was 30 days out lately. Early saver allows you to price match up until 2 days of sailing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The early saver rate must be why you got the OBC. The original post questioned without the early saver rate which is why I wanted to make sure that they understood the consequences after the final payment date. I have been disappointed with Carnival's response because in talking with others and my travel agent, Carnival is one of the few lines that is so strict about no compensation, not even partial for such a dramatic price increase 4 days after booking. But as I mentioned, I learned my lesson the hard way!

Wrong. Don't be mad a Carnival. All the major cruiselines have the exact same policy. No compensation after final payment with price drops. What you can do and should have been offered is the possibility of an upgrade to a better category selling at the price you paid.