Merion_Mom or anyone who knows about the first night specialty dining options...

I know you recently posted menus and that there was also a kids menu posted as well.

I am sailing on Freedom on 8/24 with my mom (D+) and my kids (16.5 and 12). The kids and I are D. Mom gets her BOGO for the first night, and I was thinking that if I can go with the 12 yo and he can eat for $8 (I think that's the price I saw on a number of threads), then it might be worth it. We could book separate reservations and then ask to be seated together.

However, I'm still trying to figure out what, exactly, the 12 yo gets to eat. Can he order from the main menu? Does he have to eat from the "kids menu" that was posted? He's not a big eater, so paying full price for him is simply silly, as he doesn't eat the bulk of the sides, doesn't care for most of the appetizers. But he'd enjoy a filet and probably those new tots that Chops has on the menu.

So, I'm hoping that either you or someone else has definitive information about this new program. And since he's not a baby or toddler, there is no risk of him behaving poorly in the restaurant and upsetting anyone else's dinner.

Thank you all for any information you can offer.

Edited by njmomof2