GTY assignment?

MillbrookMom

Best advice is keep checking the website to see if you have been assigned. In our experience, we were notified, but not until about three days after the website was updated. It could literally be any time up to and including when you arrive at the terminal (although that is rare I think)

Booked a GTY on the Century for Aug 17 and got my cabin assigned right after final payment. I was hoping to be offered an upgrade but looks as though this cruise is nearly sold out. Mine is an inside deck 4 All the ocean views were gone and couldn't afford a balcony at the time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Booked a GTY on the Century for Aug 17 and got my cabin assigned right after final payment. I was hoping to be offered an upgrade but looks as though this cruise is nearly sold out. Mine is an inside deck 4 All the ocean views were gone and couldn't afford a balcony at the time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Thanks...we sail in 6 days and it is still showing GTY...hope to see our assignment soon.

Maybe they're waiting to assign you an AQ cabin!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who knows...that sure would be nice.

Right now when I do a mock booking all OV rooms can only be booked as GTY's, there are some Veranda, some Concierge, and some AquaClass rooms that are still available....so who know what will happen.

Who knows...that sure would be nice.

Right now when I do a mock booking all OV rooms can only be booked as GTY's, there are some Veranda, some Concierge, and some AquaClass rooms that are still available....so who know what will happen.

I saw the same so that's why I'm thinking you might get very lucky. Unless, of course, X blocks some OV rooms to be assigned to guarantees. But I'm crossing my fingers you get a great cabin!!!!

I saw the same so that's why I'm thinking you might get very lucky. Unless, of course, X blocks some OV rooms to be assigned to guarantees. But I'm crossing my fingers you get a great cabin!!!!

Thanks...still no assignment....I will check back again tomorrow.

I'm not the OP, but last month I booked a GTY Suite for the 8/25 Reflection sailing out of Rome. At the very minimum, we knew we'd get a Sky Suite....which is exactly what we got (I checked My Celebrity...and there it was...our cabin assignment). We were given a corner aft #7358 on Sunrise Deck. It seems like a great location....but wondering why it was available. What wrong with it? :-)

In the far nether reaches of my brain, I was secretly fantasizing about getting one of the super suites...oh well. On the outside, I was a realist...and am very happy we are in a Sky Suite.

Debbie

When you get your assignment, please come back and let us know how long it took and what type of cabin you've been assigned!

Finally got my room assignment and I am thrilled!!!

We booked our cruise on July 18 and received our assignment today July 22 for a cruise leaving July 27th.

We booked an OV gty and our room is a 2A Veranda Stateroom on Vista Deck :D

We booked our cruise on July 18 and received our assignment today July 22 for a cruise leaving July 27th.

Congratulations. That's wonderful. We book guarantees most of the time.

We've only been lucky once we had booked a guarantee veranda and got a Concierge Class (on M Class ship so it was bigger room). That's it. All the other times we got exactly the cabin category we booked.

Congratulations. That's wonderful. We book guarantees most of the time.

We've only been lucky once we had booked a guarantee veranda and got a Concierge Class (on M Class ship so it was bigger room). That's it. All the other times we got exactly the cabin category we booked.

This is the 2nd gty we booked and we booked based on price. The 1st one was an Interior gty and we got an interior room, but in the highest category so it had a great location.

I had never planned to have a balcony, but it will be a nice treat for DH and I. I'm even more excited about it than I thought I'd be :D

Oh, fantastic!!! Congrats, and have a great cruise enjoying your balcony!!

Hi There, we are sailing 8/10, Summit, two seperate rooms were booked for a "veranda guarantee". Both rooms received the "next step upgrade" to lowest level Concierge. Sounds like what you got, a one step up assignment. Our room was assigned within 3 days and parents assigned within 48 hours I believe.

Where is your cabin positioned on the ship? Both of our cabins are in the back, Deck 7 and Deck 8. We are both thrilled. I crossed my fingers and toes for a mid or back cabin.

ENJOY your cruise. Its our first time on Summit, 2nd on Celebrity, and we are very excited.

Woohoo!!! That was worth waiting for!!!!

Woohoo!!! That was worth waiting for!!!!

I think so, and I'm still in shock...I've never had anything beyond an interior, and only booked an OV because it was cheaper than an interior...even more excited about this cruise now

Hi There, we are sailing 8/10, Summit, two seperate rooms were booked for a "veranda guarantee". Both rooms received the "next step upgrade" to lowest level Concierge. Sounds like what you got, a one step up assignment. Our room was assigned within 3 days and parents assigned within 48 hours I believe.

Where is your cabin positioned on the ship? Both of our cabins are in the back, Deck 7 and Deck 8. We are both thrilled. I crossed my fingers and toes for a mid or back cabin.

ENJOY your cruise. Its our first time on Summit, 2nd on Celebrity, and we are very excited.

We are also Deck 7 right near the aft elevators/stairs which is great. We have never cruised Celebrity and are super excited to see how it compares to Royal.

Congratulations!!! We booked the GTY for an Aqua suite for our 9/5/2014 Mediterranian cruise on Reflection. I never book GTY because I like to know what is going but the price was right. Bingo, we were upgraded to a Celeberity Suite 10th deck full bump out!!! :D Access to Michaels Club!! :p I looked up the cost of the Celebrity Suite since they still had some left and it is going for $3,000 more than I paid for the Aqua Suite.

We booked three weeks ago and we received the assignment 3 days after booking. I think I may roll the dice in the future on a GTY since at least you get what you booked. I am sure the upgrade fairy doesn't show up that often, :mad: so take it as you can. Sail On!!

I think so, and I'm still in shock...I've never had anything beyond an interior, and only booked an OV because it was cheaper than an interior...even more excited about this cruise now

Oh my. There's nothing better than waking up and stepping outside to take in the sunrise or just breathe the sea air. You will have to order room service and have breakfast on your balcony too.

We were deck 7 aft on the Connie in April and it was a great location. Easy to get to everything. Congratulations!!