Suite on Carib Princess

cruisefreaks

Hi, I have a choice of the following suites on Caribbean Princess;

D736 or C751 also could get A751 ( $375.00. additional).

Any advice??? Is there a public balcony next to D736??

It looks like it on the deck plan, but not the photo.

HELP please........:confused:

Having stayed in D736 I would choose it over the Caribe cabin as the balcony is a little larger. The area next to the suite is a stairwell used for muster drill so you will not hear any noise from it during your cruise.

Mike:)

We had A751 in on the Caribbean Princess in December 2013. GREAT suite. The balcony is huge and has no obstructions. It was a very quiet location.

I would love to upgrade to that same suite on the Emerald on our upcoming cruise, but they want $700 pp to go from C751 to A751. I would take A 751 in a heartbeat for $375.00. C751 has the beams on the balcony and the balcony is the smallest of the 3 cabins. It is my understanding that D736 has a beam, but it is not a big issue. but the cabin interior is smaller. D736 has a narrower entryway and does not have the desk next to the couch, just an endtable. C751 has a smaller balcony than D736 but a larger interior. A751 is the best of both worlds - great interior and huge balcony with no obstructions.

C751 is a great cabin. Worth the extra for the larger size. I thought they were the same price at one time.

C751 is a great cabin. Worth the extra for the larger size. I thought they were the same price at one time.

We were in C750 recently and have booked D737 for an upcoming cruise...the balcony on C750 was not great and the beams, while not so much intruded on view, were a pain for the chairs...however, my question is, how much smaller is interior D737 than C750? Forget the desk, we never used it but is it really that much smaller?

Edited by deise17311

C 751 is now an S6 (VS) and A 751 is an S3 (PH), thus the difference in price.

Any "Suite" is great! ;) Some are slightly better than others but all will bring with them "Breakfast @ Sabatini's"! :D You simply can not go wrong! :eek:

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

We were in C750 recently and have booked D737 for an upcoming cruise...the balcony on C750 was not great and the beams, while not so much intruded on view, were a pain for the chairs...however, my question is, how much smaller is interior D737 than C750? Forget the desk, we never used it but is it really that much smaller?

Based on several calls to Princess, this is what I found out about balcony sizes before I booked our upcoming cruise.

The VS on dolphin deck are a total of 460 sq ft including the balcony. The balcony is 180 sq. ft.of that total. So, that makes the interior of D736 and 737 approx 280 sq ft.

The VS suites on Emerald deck are a total of 491 sq ft with 126 sq ft of that total being balcony. That would make the interior of those cabins approx 365 sq ft.

The VS suites on Caribe deck are a total of 495 sq ft including the balcony. The balcony is 103 sq ft. Therefore that makes the cabin interior 392 sq ft. which is significantly larger than the VS suites on Dolphin deck.

So, it is a trade off.

DH and I loved the balcony on the CB in A 751 (Grand Cayman Suite), but both felt that the cabin could have been a bit bigger. Don't get me wrong, it was very nice, but we would have liked to see a bit bigger living area inside. I guess it is because we are used to the RCCL suites.

We have a Royal Family Suite on RCCL booked for Aug. 31.2014. I guess it is the best of both worlds. It is an aft facing suite with a 532 sq ft. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom cabin with a 208 sq ft balcony.

Edited by DebJ14

I had the same questions a few weeks ago. Read this thread for some additional information. BTW, I went with a suite on Dolphin.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037474

Take the larger balcony on the Caribe deck. Had C415 and the balcony was 40% larger than the one below us. Enjoy!

What ship are you talking about? C415 is a B1 balcony cabin (at least on the CB). And yes, you are right the Caribe deck balconies along the sides are larger than other standard balcony cabins at 9'X9'.

The discussion above has been about the aft facing suites, CAT S6 and S3