Normal To Get Calls After Visiting Website

zdcatc12

If I go to the website and view cruises, insider deals, etc while logged in, the next day I always get a call from NCL. If I wanted to talk to someone I would have called in the first place. Is this normal? Can you not browse if you are logged in without getting bothered later. I never answer my phone, but they always leave a message on voicemail. It just seems annoying that they do that.

This has happened to me several times. At least "NCL" shows up on caller id so I don't have to talk to them if I'm not interested. You can use a private browsing window when you visit ncl.com to avoid it.

Is there some advantage to logging in when you visit the website? If not, just don't log in and avoid the calls. I never do unless I am logging into My NCL to looked at my booked cruises. You can browse or do dummy bookings without being logged in. I have never gotten a call.

Is there some advantage to logging in when you visit the website? If not, just don't log in and avoid the calls. I never do unless I am logging into My NCL to looked at my booked cruises. You can browse or do dummy bookings without being logged in. I have never gotten a call.

Exactly what I do (or don't do).

Yes, I got a call, but I am glad I spoke to the young man because they had a special promotion that I wasn't aware of, and not only am I booked on the Epic next fall, I got some nice perks that if I had waited to book would not have been available.

Carnival does it too, but I have never gotten a call from Princess, HAL, or RCCL.

Edited by Rosethorn40

Guess I am in the minority here. I have searched the NCL site many times, both logged in and not. Done dummy bookings etc. I have never received a call from NCL after.

I guess I am in the minority too. I have never received a call from NCL after searching, either logged in or not. I was searching for a cruise earlier so we will see if my "luck" has changed.

If I go to the website and view cruises, insider deals, etc while logged in, the next day I always get a call from NCL. If I wanted to talk to someone I would have called in the first place. Is this normal? Can you not browse if you are logged in without getting bothered later. I never answer my phone, but they always leave a message on voicemail. It just seems annoying that they do that.

In a nutshell, yes, it is perfectly normal. You have entered their store, and they respond as a brick and mortar store would. "Can I help you?" :)

THIS. :D

I guess I am in the minority too. I have never received a call from NCL after searching, either logged in or not. I was searching for a cruise earlier so we will see if my "luck" has changed.

Minority here also !!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I do it to see Insider Offers. Thought you had to log in to see those.

Your not alone. I have received call from both NCL and Carnival basically the following day. When I talked to the Carnival rep about it, he said that he gets a notification that I logged in which he simply follows up primarily since there are no open bookings and to see if he can assist us. If you had an open booking, they usually do not call afterwards as your completing the check in, excursions etc. He also said that he was able to turn it off for a max of 2 weeks as I was OK with him calling as I usually use the cruise lines vacation planners. I would think they would have to stop calling you if you requested it. Then again, that's all hearsay.