on board expense account

4x4TX

What is the deal with the 15% charge for beverages? does that mean if my kids buy a coke that an additional 15% will be tacked on every time?

Every guest must be a member of an account in order to obtain a complete Online Checkin status. Account owners must be at least 18 years of age at the time of sailing and will be automatically assigned charging privileges to the account. Minors must have an account, but the account owner has the option not to allow charging privileges to their account. Cruise Service Gratuities will be charged to the account unless they are prepaid. The amount charged to the account for service gratuities will be deemed undisputed unless a request to modify is received prior to disembarking the ship. In addition, a 15% beverage gratuity will be added to all beverage purchases.

Yes it will be added. Take a 12 pack on board and a collapsible cooler to make an ice chest in your cabin. Or empty your mini fridge if you have one. We took our first waters on after spending ridiculous amounts of money on bottled water in the past. Check out the water package prices if you want to be shocked!

Man I dont recall this at all....but usually one of my kids get the soda card...so this is added to any beer or mixed drink purchas as well?

Yes, all beverages get the 15% added. It has been this way since I started cruising in 1999.

Man I dont recall this at all....but usually one of my kids get the soda card...so this is added to any beer or mixed drink purchas as well?

The 15% will be added at the time the package is purchased. that will be it. The rest of the soda will be free without the 15%. I think it's $4.99 plus 15% for kids per day for however many days the cruise is. $6.99+ 15% for adults.

unless the prices went up (which is possible), it was 4.50/person for kids and 6.00/person for adults. And unlike the alcohol package, you don't need to get a card for each person in the room.

unless the prices went up (which is possible), it was 4.50/person for kids and 6.00/person for adults. And unlike the alcohol package, you don't need to get a card for each person in the room.

The soda card is not to be shared. It is for one person. Many do, but now they seem to be ringing up the card each time, so if for than one uses the same card, too soon to the last soda, they might catch the kids and it could be embarrassing. Not judging, just saying what I have seen and the poor boy was mortified!

Take your own soda's on board.. One 12 pack allowed per person. If you run out, pick some up in ports. We take one to the buffet and to the main dining room, just ask for a cup of ice. Never had any problems.

The soda card is not to be shared. It is for one person. Many do, but now they seem to be ringing up the card each time, so if for than one uses the same card, too soon to the last soda, they might catch the kids and it could be embarrassing. Not judging, just saying what I have seen and the poor boy was mortified!

Wow -- I didn't even go there. I assumed snc_cam was saying this to benefit people like my husband and I where he drinks soda and I don't Unlike the alcohol package, I don't have to buy the pkg if he does. Didn't even go down the negative path of sharing the card.

Not judging, just saying what I read --

Edited by snowskier

The Bottomless Bubbles program would probably be the best route to go. You'll pay what averages out to be about 2 sodas for kids or 3 for adults per day(and then the rest will be "free") and the 15% is added at the beginning so you don't have to worry about it being tacked on for each drink.

Wow -- I didn't even go there. I assumed snc_cam was saying this to benefit people like my husband and I where he drinks soda and I don't Unlike the alcohol package, I don't have to buy the pkg if he does. Didn't even go down the negative path of sharing the card.

Not judging, just saying what I read --

Snowskier... thanks... I was going to reply the same. There was no intent for the sharing. I just wanted to point out the difference between the soda (endless bubbles) card and the alcohol card.