Clock Radio

budisal

I am assuming that I will be allowed to bring my clock radio aboard the Solstice. How about an extension cord?

On our last cruise, we elected to stay in an inside cabin. Dark as a cave - day or night. I had no idea what time it was. I really missed my clock radio with its large time display.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you considered getting a battery powered clock? No need for an extension cord and chances are the radio will be of no use to you. These are quite cheap these days.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

We bring our clock radio nearly every year. We use it for the clock function only and do leave it near the TV. Extension cords are never needed and it made it very nice knowing what time it is especially when you are in an inside cabin. :D

Not sure what kind or of you have one at all, but if you have a smartphone, like iPhone etc. bring that and since you won't be using the phone and data, find an app with a clock and just leave it plugged in as your clock. One or 2 less things to pack!

Thanks to all. Would never try to use the radio, but my clock radio time display is huge and I can easily read it from anywhere in the room. Crazy, I know, but I like the ability to reference the time any time day or night.

Thanks to all. Would never try to use the radio, but my clock radio time display is huge and I can easily read it from anywhere in the room. Crazy, I know, but I like the ability to reference the time any time day or night.

I do the same thing - clock at home isn't bedside it's on dresser at foot of bed where I can easily see it without having to roll over and kink the neck to look back :)

The display on the clock I posted about IS huge--worked perfectly. I am used to having my clock radio right next to my bed and look at it several times a night--this travelling one was just as good, and farther away! It has a sensor so when it's light, the display dims to save battery power; automatically lights up as soon as it gets dark in the room.

We use an app called nightstand on our iPad. It is huge and works as a night light and clock. Just be sure to turn auto clock feature off and change the time manually if you change time zones (keep it on ship's time). It's a free app.

Margee

We did this on a RCCL cruise a few years back, and found to our dismay that the power (I guess) was not consistent. We called our children's room in a fury because they were not ready to go, only to have them tell us that our clock was way wrong! It had run fast, and was wrong by several hours. I have heard other people say the same thing - it wasn't just our clock! Just make sure that you verify that the time is right before doing too much!

People have reported extension cords confiscated - happens sometimes but not always. If you need one, you can always ask your room steward.

There was one left by mistake in our last cabin--they use the big thick industrial ones, that you sure wouldn't want draped across your room for a clock unless absolutely necessary. Maybe for a CPAP that's only used at night, but def. not all the time.

I agree about the power fluctuations. That's why my iPad nightstand app works so well. It actually works off the battery (we leave it plugged in) and make sure we check the time daily. It varies by a couple of minutes.

I've taken a cheap clock with a large screen and it died because of the power inconsistencies.

Margee

I agree about the power fluctuations. That's why my iPad nightstand app works so well. It actually works off the battery (we leave it plugged in) and make sure we check the time daily. It varies by a couple of minutes.

I've taken a cheap clock with a large screen and it died because of the power inconsistencies.

Margee