Help- Info not available in UK yet!

OldJerseycruiser

We would like to travel on the Sapphire Princess - Beijing to Singapore on 27th November 2006. Does anyone know if there is going to be a tour of Beijing and Xian beforehand as we can't find out from Princess over here yet. The Exotic brochure does not come out until September.

Thanks in anticipation!

(I'm sure this will be the first question of many!):)

Assuming they run it like this year's, then there will be 4 tours to choose from visiting Great Wall or Tiananmen Square/Forbidden City, but only for those passengers that buy the 1 night pre-cruise hotel package (Cruise Plus).

You could try emailing one of the many US TA's that frequent these boards and ask if they have anything more specific.

I'm pretty sure that the brochure for Asia 2006 hasn't come out in the US either. I just checked the Princess US website and it's not available there, just the Asia 2005 one. In fact, there are no 2006 brochures listed as available on the website.

The US website also doesn't list any cruisetours for Asia in 2006 yet. Info on the cruise itself is available (http://www.princess.com/planner/itinerary.jsp?resItineraryCode=OFS160&resShipId=SA&resStartPortId=TSN&resEndPortId=SIN&resNoOfNights=16&resVoyageId=H643&resTourId=&type=C&resultsString=pageOffset%3D0%26month%3D11%26year%3D2006%26resTradeId%3DO%26monthYear%3D11%252C2006%26day%3D0%26resShipId%3D%26resType%3DC%26orderBy%3DDATE), but not the tours. But I bet if you e-mailed one of the regular posters here who's a US-based travel agent (I'm not one!) they might have more info than the Princess website does.

The 2005/06 brochure wouldn't cover the OP's request for info. It only goes through April 2006, and the OP is looking for info on November 2006.

I agree that the way the cancellation of the Asia cruises was handled was not great. It's a shame they aren't having the Regal take over all the itineraries the Pacific was going to be doing, that would have made everyone a lot less upset, and made for more interesting itineraries. Still, at least the Sapphire will still be sailing over there.

"Sapphire will still be sailing over there "

Exactly what itinerery ?????

AFAIK there will not be any cruises around Asia in summer 2007 ........we wanted to do 2 of Pacific Princess cruises B2B for our Ruby wedding

Princess have sure screwed our plans right out the window

"Sapphire will still be sailing over there "

Exactly what itinerery ?????

AFAIK there will not be any cruises around Asia in summer 2007 ........we wanted to do 2 of Pacific Princess cruises B2B for our Ruby wedding

Princess have sure screwed our plans right out the window

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear there: she'll be over there in fall 2006, not spring 2007. Summer 2007 schedules (anything after early May 2007) haven't been announced yet, but I'm guessing the Sapphire will be in Alaska then, like she usually is. Didn't mean to get your hopes up! Maybe another line will have sailings over there at that time of year?

Archived