Different VIFP levels for family of 3

We leave on our cruise in September and my husband and I will hit Gold level on the cuise, which means there is "party" for gold and up members. However our 4 yr old is only at Red level (2nd with carnival, 3rd overall). I asked if we could bring her and they told us no, that either we had to put her in camp carnival (which she won't do, wouldn't even do it on Disney cruise) or we had to go seperately. The lady on the phone did say sometimes cruise members will let them slip by, just depends on the person there. Has anyone had experience where the cruise members just let the little ones in even if they aren't gold?

If they don't let her in thats fine, we don't have to go, no big deal, we aren't drinkers anyways, but just wondering if they ever let one slip by or if they are pretty strict.

Thanks in advance

Don't worry about being turned away. They won't even bat an eye. It would be very different if you were wanting to bring adult traveling companions that haven't received an invitation.

They do collect invitations at the door.

Bring the 4 year old. No one will say anything. They don't check invites per person anyway and I highly doubt anything would be said. Our son is 4 now and gold, but we brought him from ages 14 months to 2.5 years when he was red and no one batted an eye.

Technically, he's not invited, but as others said, I cant imagine him being turned away. With that said, Carnival should take a cue from other cruise lines that automatically extend similar status to immediate family members, exactly to prevent this kind of situation. We just returned from Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas, where my entire family received Platinum status because of me. That meant 4 times the number of privileges, discounts, free drinks, and even internet minutes. And yes, the top tier event invitation for past guests was for ALL family members.

I don't think that even if they were gold that they would be invited to the party because it's for adults. In January on Conquest, DH and I both got invites, but Both DS did not. They are under 21 and all of us are gold. I would say leave them at Camp if possible. There's nothing for them to do there anyway. It's usually very crowded and loud. Just a bunch of people hurriedly drinking their free alcoholic drinks. That's about it.

I don't think that even if they were gold that they would be invited to the party because it's for adults. In January on Conquest, DH and I both got invites, but Both DS did not. They are under 21 and all of us are gold. I would say leave them at Camp if possible. There's nothing for them to do there anyway. It's usually very crowded and loud. Just a bunch of people hurriedly drinking their free alcoholic drinks. That's about it.

It is billed as a past guest party. (not an adult cocktail party or adult comedy club evening) My children have had invitations every single cruise except our first cruise. This last year the almost 6 year old with us was gold and she loved getting the invite with her name on it. She and many other kids were at the past guest party and enjoyed clapping for their former ships. The people serving us enjoyed bringing her the Shirley Temple with Cherry!

Now as far as OP's question, they will not stop a child who goes in with a gold or platinum parent. Have fun! Nothing happens at that party that a child can't see!

They can and may turn you away. The other guests are not likely to welcome children at what is a cocktail party.

Are you serious? They won't turn them away for bringing their child and there are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks if you ask for them. Our son always goes to the PGP with us and gets punch or soda. He gets his own invitation too.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

Are you serious? They won't turn them away for bringing their child and there are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks if you ask for them. Our son always goes to the PGP with us and gets punch or soda. He gets his own invitation too.

They can turn away anyone who doesn't have an invitation. Your son gets an invitation. Theirs doesn't. The same argument can be made for anyone who isn't invited be it a child, parent, friend, partner, spouse or random stranger.

Same as if parents get invitation to a wedding that doesn't mention their children but decide to bring them anyways and feel justified when no one confronts them.

It is billed as a past guest party. (not an adult cocktail party or adult comedy club evening) My children have had invitations every single cruise except our first cruise. This last year the almost 6 year old with us was gold and she loved getting the invite with her name on it. She and many other kids were at the past guest party and enjoyed clapping for their former ships. The people serving us enjoyed bringing her the Shirley Temple with Cherry!

Now as far as OP's question, they will not stop a child who goes in with a gold or platinum parent. Have fun! Nothing happens at that party that a child can't see!

Well that stinks then for us. I just figured they didn't get one since they weren't 21 and I have NEVER seen any little kids/teens at any of the parties so I didn't think anything of it.

They did get the free drink coupon for brunch. DH and I ordered Strawberry Daiquiris', and a virgin one for DS. Well, all 3 of them were the same. Guess that was a good way for the 18 year old to end his last day on the ship ;).

Edited by firemanbobswife

They can turn away anyone who doesn't have an invitation. Your son gets an invitation. Theirs doesn't. The same argument can be made for anyone who isn't invited be it a child, parent, friend, partner, spouse or random stranger.

Same as if parents get invitation to a wedding that doesn't mention their children but decide to bring them anyways and feel justified when no one confronts them.

Well, I am willing to bet their child will not be turned away. The employees are there at the door to greet and welcome past guests not act as bouncers. I've been to plenty of PG parties and I'd take my uninvited minor child without thinking twice.

Well that stinks then for us. I just figured they didn't get one since they weren't 21 and I have NEVER seen any little kids/teens at any of the parties so I didn't think anything of it.

They did get the free drink coupon for brunch. DH and I ordered Strawberry Daiquiris', and a virgin one for DS. Well, all 3 of them were the same. Guess that was a good way for the 18 year old to end his last day on the ship ;).[/QUOTE]

I bet that was true!!! :D :D Unless your was virgin too??? :eek: DS probably wants to cruise next summer too!!

Thinking back to these parties....a lot of the people with kids seem to sit in the back (I know we always did just because it seemed so crowded in the front.) We also sit there in case we need a quick get away in case someone is having trouble!! Luckily for us it always seems like the little kids around us (and ours included when they were younger) always behaved so appropriately!!

They did get the free drink coupon for brunch. DH and I ordered Strawberry Daiquiris', and a virgin one for DS. Well, all 3 of them were the same. Guess that was a good way for the 18 year old to end his last day on the ship ;).[/QUOTE]

I bet that was true!!! :D :D Unless your was virgin too??? :eek: DS probably wants to cruise next summer too!!

Thinking back to these parties....a lot of the people with kids seem to sit in the back (I know we always did just because it seemed so crowded in the front.) We also sit there in case we need a quick get away in case someone is having trouble!! Luckily for us it always seems like the little kids around us (and ours included when they were younger) always behaved so appropriately!!

No, ours weren't Virgin :p. We didn't realize it until the bar waitress left and since it took so long to get them, we were done eating, and they basically kicked us out telling us to "Take your drinks with you." That place was a madhouse. DS had less than half of it and then didn't want anymore. They were a little strong, so can't say as I blame him. This is the kid that got sick from smelling Tequila once. I really have nothing to worry about with him. Now his brother, OTOH, oh boy. Why are the younger ones always the wild ones?! :eek:

I am platinum and have taken my kids many times (I have several kids) when they were red. The youngest is still red and took her last year. It would be incredibly rude for them to say anything. The kids love the parties, the food, and the crew are happy to bring them Shirley temples, or whatever to drink.

Technically, he's not invited, but as others said, I cant imagine him being turned away. With that said, Carnival should take a cue from other cruise lines that automatically extend similar status to immediate family members, exactly to prevent this kind of situation. We just returned from Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas, where my entire family received Platinum status because of me. That meant 4 times the number of privileges, discounts, free drinks, and even internet minutes. And yes, the top tier event invitation for past guests was for ALL family members.

Tapi,

That policy would certainly encourage Platinum members to invite more family members and perhaps entice them to go as well. :)

Royal Caribbean's policy is to only allow family members LIVING AT THE SAME ADDRESS to obtain the same status. I know, and I am not saying you did that, but many people lie so they can have their families included. I, for one, wish that each person had to obtain their own status as the Diamond Lounge, for example, is very crowded nightly and not everyone has really sailed enough to be there. I know how one feels is based on whether (s)he has gotten other family members a status not earned. JMO.

...many people lie so they can have their families included.

I know how one feels is based on whether (s)he has gotten other family members a status not earned. JMO.

Oh yes, I'm fully aware that people love to take advantage and abuse the system anyway they can, and usually the ones that end up paying are the people who abide by the rules. How many times did I see a Carnival Platinum member checking in with the other "20 people in his Sail and Sign card" before Carnival smartened up about it? :rolleyes:

But nonetheless, I'm grateful that Royal did extend Platinum privileges to my wife and kids, aged 4 and 2 without having to bend any rules. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app