Premium Drink Package Price Increase???

MrJulius

I went to book the Premium Drink Package on X's website and it listed a price of $59 PP per day up to $13 per drink. Everything that I read on the boards yesterday was $55 PP per day up to $12 per drink.

Is this a recent increase?

Our last cruise with X was in April, 2012 and it was...I believe...$49 PP per day.

PS, I did use the search function and couldn't find an answer.

Thanks,

MrJulius

We are just back yesterday. You can have anything up to $15 per drink (menu price inclusive of gratuities) on the Premium Package. If you select something more expensive then you just pay the extra - on the classic you have to pay the full price. We think it might have been $65 per day but not 100% sure - we upgraded from an inclusive classic package to the premium.

A lot of confusion comes from the drink menu prices for the European cruises and the cruises from the USA. The gratuities are included in the price on the European Menu and are not in the USA menu. If you have the drink pack gratuities are included in it. Confusing:confused: but nothing worth trying to figure out because if you have the drink pack no matter where you sail the same drinks will be included.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the quick replies. I appreciate the info.

Yeah, the search tool can bring up some oldies.

As my wife says...milk used to be a nickel too.

I guess that I'll have to "up my game" a bit to make sure that I get over the break even point. Somehow I don't think it will be a problem even with the price increase :D

MrJulius

We are just back yesterday. You can have anything up to $15 per drink (menu price inclusive of gratuities) on the Premium Package. If you select something more expensive then you just pay the extra - on the classic you have to pay the full price. We think it might have been $65 per day but not 100% sure - we upgraded from an inclusive classic package to the premium.

The $13 in the US plus 15% gratuity ( $2 ) shows up on European cruises as $15. If you're cruising in the US it'll still be $13 on the drink menu.

We are sailing in April 2015 and have the classic package. If I have a drink that is not included in the package then I must pay the premium price in full and not the difference. Is this a true statement?

We are sailing in April 2015 and have the classic package. If I have a drink that is not included in the package then I must pay the premium price in full and not the difference. Is this a true statement?

If you have the classic package and have a drink that's not included you pay whatever the menu says that drink costs.

If you have the premium package you only pay the amount above the limit (which is currently $13/drink).

If you have the classic package and have a drink that's not included you pay whatever the menu says that drink costs.

If you have the premium package you only pay the amount above the limit (which is currently $13/drink).

Got it. Thanks for the information.

Correct.

If the drink is a premium drink during HH then you will pay the HH price. eg in the Martini bar they will have a few drinks listed at 1/2 price duriing HH, even though it is under the $8 limiit you will have to pay the 1/2 price for the drink.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻

Correct.

If the drink is a premium drink during HH then you will pay the HH price. eg in the Martini bar they will have a few drinks listed at 1/2 price duriing HH, even though it is under the $8 limiit you will have to pay the 1/2 price for the drink.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻

Do they have martini's at the classic level or are they all considered premium drinks? I'm not trying to cheap out, I just don't want to be surprised is all.

Do they have martini's at the classic level or are they all considered premium drinks? I'm not trying to cheap out, I just don't want to be surprised is all.

We get the premium (because we like the drinks at the Molecular Bar which are all $13) so I'm not positive but I think there are 2 small "regular" martinis that fit in the classic package. it's the large,fancy, flavored Martinis that are in the $12 range.

A lot of confusion comes from the drink menu prices for the European cruises and the cruises from the USA. The gratuities are included in the price on the European Menu and are not in the USA menu. If you have the drink pack gratuities are included in it. Confusing:confused: but nothing worth trying to figure out because if you have the drink pack no matter where you sail the same drinks will be included.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On cruises departing from UK gratuities are included in the menu prices, not on all European cruises.