aft room on freedom

We are really excited..finally got an aft room on our cruise next year on Freedom of the Seas....Room 1704...My concern is it is under the Windjammer. I have read conflicting stories ..some say these rooms tend to be noisy while other say they heard nothing..but these reports were based on rooms under the windjammer but not on the freedom. I was wondering if anyone out there has stayed in the aft rooms under the windjammer on the freedom class???

Yes, in 1404! We didn't hear any noise from windjammer at all.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

awesome..thank you..My daughter and her boyfriend are in 1404...Is the balcony much bigger than regular side balcony rooms???

We had 1400 on Liberty, sister ship to the Freedom. We did not hear anything. You can go o. Cruislinerooms and see pics of your rooms. Don't forget to check out Liberty and Independence because they are sister ships. Enjoy your room our friends had that room and loved it.

Hello-

These deck 10 aft rooms are all good. 1704 will have a very deep balcony and a little more ship structure below than 1702 and 1700 (my fav).

I attached pics from a similar balcony to show the view and size.

There are a lot of threads on these rooms if you search "aft".

Happy sailing

Capture.jpg.2fc4689cbe5a31d95410ea3ca1e98d31.jpg

Capture2.jpg.3363ff683bc4ab062ae4a1a83ab701b5.jpg

Room 1700 was available so I just made the change to that room...

I keep checking to see if 1700 opens up on my cruise....since we currently have 1702 and 1704, it'd be nice to switch to 1700 and 1702 if 1700 opens. But, not holding my breath. I'm just happy to have a huge balcony!

We have 1406 and 1706 this December - in all of the pics I've been able to locate, there never seems to be any sun? Is this the case because of the Windjammer or is it just the positioning of the ship? Love my afternoon naps on the balcony in the sun! :p

We have 1406 and 1706 this December - in all of the pics I've been able to locate, there never seems to be any sun? Is this the case because of the Windjammer or is it just the positioning of the ship? Love my afternoon naps on the balcony in the sun! :p

Most of the balcony is covered. The sun would have to be aft and low to get any sun on the balcony.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Now I know what to expect. In our Nav aft, we had the corner balcony and it was a wrap around - loved it - you could move with the sun - and I do recollect that it was fully covered except for the side where the sun came in the big round hole in the side.

Room 1700 was available so I just made the change to that room...

That's funny, a few months ago I saw that 1700 was available, so I booked a cruise. ;)

You won't be disappointed. :D My husband told me after is first cruise last year that he would go again...as long as he was in 1700 again. :rolleyes:

I keep checking to see if 1700 opens up on my cruise....since we currently have 1702 and 1704, it'd be nice to switch to 1700 and 1702 if 1700 opens. But, not holding my breath. I'm just happy to have a huge balcony!

Keep watching!!! Last year it came available just a week before final payment. I imagine someone was holding it in a group or just decided not to go. Since we were already in a D1 on the side of the ship, all I had to do was ask my TA to change us 1700. What a score that was!:D